When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1955 Schwinn Blue Phantom before and after!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-

THEGOLDENGREEK

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
So I picked this bike up about a month ago from a barn in NJ. It was really rough when I got it. I did the oxalic acid bath to the frame, fork, chainguard and rear rack. The fenders, crank and handle bars and rims, I used Zep A lum. Plus the seat was gone so a good friend of mine that is on the Cabe restore the seat thank you very much jim bowman! Plus Frank for also helping me out on the hood and tank. But this goes to show you what looks like poop, could come back to life with a little cleaning. My girl couldn't believe it was the same bike, now she loves riding her phantom and is going to keep it!
IMG_20170901_132620052.jpg
IMG_20170901_132623366.jpg
IMG_20170901_132655153.jpg
IMG_20171023_163936611.jpg
IMG_20171023_164205821.jpg
IMG_20171023_163947505.jpg
IMG_20171023_164147160.jpg
IMG_20171023_164037679.jpg

Last edited:
So I picked this bike up about a mount should from a barn in NJ. It was really rough when I got it. I did the oxalic acid bath to the frame, fork, chainguard and rear rack. The fenders, crank and handle bars and rims, I used Zep A lum. Plus the seat was gone so a good friend of mine that is on the Cabe restore the seat thank you very much jim bowman! Plus Frank for also helping me out on the hood and tank. But this goes to show you what looks like &#!^, could come back to life with a little cleaning. My girl couldn't believe it was the same bike, now she loves riding her phantom and is going to keep it!
View attachment 696704 View attachment 696705 View attachment 696706 View attachment 696707 View attachment 696708 View attachment 696709 View attachment 696710 View attachment 696711

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nice bike George. I think some folks refer to these as "Christmas Bikes" which is really in reference to the blue boy's models which were supposedly produced for Christmas of '55. The girls models were advertised from the beginning of '55 as being available in black, red, green, and blue. I've seen these girls models with serials in March so I doubt they were sold as Christmas bikes. V/r Shawn

Nice bike George. I think some folks refer to these as "Christmas Bikes" which is really in reference to the blue boy's models which were supposedly produced for Christmas of '55. The girls models were advertised from the beginning of '55 as being available in black, red, green, and blue. I've seen these girls models with serials in March so I doubt they were sold as Christmas bikes. V/r Shawn
Shawn I just changed the title for you, I read some older post on these bicycle and that they were some what rare! But anyways they only made the women's phantom one year, is that correct?

Back