When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1936 Monark Flo-Cycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

TR6SC

I live for the CABE
No, I'm not parting it out!
image.jpeg

The seat tube was loose and the seat lug was cracked through most of the way. I figured the best fix possible meant taking it all the way down. The long curved pieces actually unbolt behind the head badge.
image.jpeg

Looks like the tire rubbed a little too long! You can see the steel on the inside of the wound. The steel insert runs from the rear axle to just in front of the seat. Spring!!!
image.jpeg

I love this stuff. The bottom pair hold the fender. Aluminum. The top pair go behind the seat. Chromiumed bronze.
image.jpeg

I hear there's a College in De Kalb. An hour or so outside of Chicago. I imagine the owner was a history major, riding this bike around campus in 2000 sumpthin.
The bike came apart in no time at all. It'll take longer to assemble since I might have to go to Albuquerque and pay @ratrodz a visit!!
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
The Flo-Cycle must have some stories to tell. Whatever broke the rear fork also did a bit of kink and twist. The frame table had to be called to action. By bolting the bike to the table through the bottom bracket, alignment is made by
image.jpeg
a simple measurement at various points around the frame. All parts of the frame MUST parallel the table. If they aren't, they will be.
image.jpeg

Here's a kink that's gotta go. The towers support that which mustn't move.
image.jpeg

A little heat to soften the metal and prevent cracking.
image.jpeg

Universal cones hold the head. We had to twist a bit to point the forks correctly.
image.jpeg

The job is complete. The wheel now has equal clearance on both sets of blades. The frame is parallel to the table as is the wheel. This bike will roll true now that the rear wheel follows the front.
image.jpeg

View attachment 697991

View attachment 697993

Last edited:
Oh that's fricking awesome! Love that table!! Your gonna have some killer kings soon!!!
It's the parallel concept that's more important than the table, although the table is really nice. Anyone can bolt their bike to a flat-ish table to get things dialed in really close. The table comes in handy when you're tweaking a heavy frame like a Harley. Lightweight or even heavyweight bicycle frames adjust on a workbench just fine.

Last edited:
It's the parallel concept that's more important than the table, although the table is really nice. Anyone can bolt their bike to a flat-ish table to get things dialed in really close. The table comes in handy when you're tweaking a heavy frame like a Harley. Lightweight or even heavyweight bicycle frames adjust on a workbench just fine.
Good morning 333. Humboldt County is calling. Come up and visit on your next NorCal trip.

Now that the frame is dialed in, I headed up to my welder to talk about the various issues that need addressing. He wanted to get started, so who am I to argue! A wire wheel to clean things up.
image.jpeg

Then he started with his magic. I watched with an extra welding hood. It sure looked easy!
image.jpeg

He bridged the gap with a back and forth closure, then surrounded his work with a ring of weld.
All that remained was to file it flush without creating any flat spots and not filing through.
image.jpeg

Next week we're gonna make the seat lug as good as new.

Back