When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Phantom Mutation

-
I thought I would share whats gone on since my last blog, at this time this is whats happened to my project, the jc higgins rear rack I sent to the fabricator was turned into a pancake by a hydraulic press by an employee that set it down on a platform where they press aluminum sheets into custom shapes for large fuel tanks, luckily the reflectors were not fitted into the rack at the time but they were nice enough to return the item to me in a walmart shopping bag, we exchanged a few more personal thoughts on the accident, idiot. surprised I wasnt charged 50 cents for the bag, chroming on the chain guard came out beautifully but the dents were left in and I was told that there guy that did metal work as such before the chroming was arrested for possession of a controlled substance, Really I said and you chromed it anyway, can I talk to your manager this was not our arrangement, sorry you can't he was the one arrested, so now it will have to be made right and rechromed else where, bike shop lacing my front hoop with a schwinn expansion drum brake lost my clevis and can't find it, oh did I forgot to mention that the hoop that was used was not mine! I have original S2 chromed and I dont have a clue what or where he found that swapmeet special but it wasn't what I brought in, I left there with my rim that was in the corner and drum brake, idiot. at this time I would like to thank those members who have added to my compulsive buying of bicycle parts which has really turned my project around and up grading it into one that I might of not been able to do without there late night positings of sale items, lol but I really mean it, Im hooked on reading and seeing posted photos of bicycles and parts before and after as well as barn finds and stuff I never had a clue existed, well I see that it's after midnight and I haven't checked for new listings yet so until then...............
That sucks man, hopefully you’ll have better luck from here on out.

I thought I would share whats gone on since my last blog, at this time this is whats happened to my project, the jc higgins rear rack I sent to the fabricator was turned into a pancake by a hydraulic press by an employee that set it down on a platform where they press aluminum sheets into custom shapes for large fuel tanks, luckily the reflectors were not fitted into the rack at the time but they were nice enough to return the item to me in a walmart shopping bag, we exchanged a few more personal thoughts on the accident, idiot. surprised I wasnt charged 50 cents for the bag, chroming on the chain guard came out beautifully but the dents were left in and I was told that there guy that did metal work as such before the chroming was arrested for possession of a controlled substance, Really I said and you chromed it anyway, can I talk to your manager this was not our arrangement, sorry you can't he was the one arrested, so now it will have to be made right and rechromed else where, bike shop lacing my front hoop with a schwinn expansion drum brake lost my clevis and can't find it, oh did I forgot to mention that the hoop that was used was not mine! I have original S2 chromed and I dont have a clue what or where he found that swapmeet special but it wasn't what I brought in, I left there with my rim that was in the corner and drum brake, idiot. at this time I would like to thank those members who have added to my compulsive buying of bicycle parts which has really turned my project around and up grading it into one that I might of not been able to do without there late night positings of sale items, lol but I really mean it, Im hooked on reading and seeing posted photos of bicycles and parts before and after as well as barn finds and stuff I never had a clue existed, well I see that it's after midnight and I haven't checked for new listings yet so until then...............

I'm usually not a spelling and grammar Nazi, but these tires old eyes are having trouble reading without paragraphs. I'm sorry for your recent difficulties, though. This is why I do all of my own work. If I screw things up I got no one to blame but me.

I'm usually not a spelling and grammar Nazi, but these tires old eyes are having trouble reading without paragraphs. I'm sorry for your recent difficulties, though. This is why I do all of my own work. If I screw things up I got no one to blame but me.
your right, sorry about the rush on posting this and not doing so in a proper manner, late at night and thinking about what's happened gets me heated and distracted. grammar never was a strong point with me but being a perfectionist is, at what I set out to do. as for the incompetence of the others I need to raise the bar on the quality of places I choose to do business with that I can't , I imagine exactly what this project will look like when finished and I get impatient from delays, but during this time I have made new acquaintances, purchased more desired items for my project, and the more I read on here the more I discover. as for the jc higgins rear rack I do have another so no real delays, but giving me back a flattened rack, in a walmart plastic bag was icing on the cake for me not wanting to take another chance on them screwing up another rack, but things are good and will continue a step at a time.

Damn, unreal chain of events. I hope things smooth out from here on out. I had a similar experience with a Maaco paint and body shop years ago. They painted my project twice and still screwed it up. I wanted them to correct their second attempt but they wanted their money so I loaded my project, gave them a check and then went home and canceled the check. They called me about a week later wanting to know what happened and they wanted their money. I told them I was having their F ups corrected by another shop and if there was any money left over from your original invoice price I'll gladly send it to you. As everyone knows, it costs more to fix a screwed up job than it does to do the job right the first time. Or the second time in their case!

SORRY TOO HEAR ABOUT THEM SCREWING YOUR STUFF UP!
RE WHEELS, LESSON TO BE LEARNED!
BUILD YOUR OWN WHEELS AND THEN HAVE THEM TRUED!

SORRY TOO HEAR ABOUT THEM SCREWING YOUR STUFF UP!
RE WHEELS, LESSON TO BE LEARNED!
BUILD YOUR OWN WHEELS AND THEN HAVE THEM TRUED!
well that's what it has come to, but im glad actually I'll be starting tomorrow on lacing them and getting things back on track....

Bummer. My brain would have popped out of my skull. This is the kind of stuff that gets me as angry as I ever get!!! Good luck from here on out!!!

Your work is exemplary! I too will be watching for your posts. This is my favorite style of bike. Its fun and rewarding to create new parts and pieces to the bike we love.
With your permission; is it ok to copy a thing or two of yours?
thanks for the great writings
Cary

Back