When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cork tyre inserts? help needed please

-

dnc1

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Hi, does anyone have any knowledge, experience or information on these?I'm not even sure what to call them!

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_s-l500(2).jpg
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_s-l500(3).jpg

I recently purchased some wood rims from France and these are coming with them. I couldn't find a great deal of info online and was hoping someone out there may have knowledge of them.
From my limited research they are an early, pre inner tube, tyre cushioning device; or I have heard they were used during WW1, when rubber was in short supply.
I would love to know more!
More pictures to come when they actually arrive.
Thanks,
Darren.

Thanks @Rambler, I believe that's a photo from a museum in Switzerland. Would really like to find out where and when they were in production?

Hey, once you get them, let us know How they Ride......
Yeah right!
They're missing a couple of the cork segments, but I think that can be easily remedied.
Whether they're ever used in anger is another matter entirely, can't imagine fast cornering downhill with them!
Should arrive next week.

I was at James place some years ago quit the collection and place. I think he passed away couple years ago.

Back