When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1940 Huffman Big Lit Tank Airflyte~ Original Paint

-
Been asked some questions about the seat, it is an uncommon one, very fat and padded, reddish brown leather. Must've been a deluxe Firestone option 'cause they didn't come on the Daytons. A few close ups of seat, and switch on taillight that is usually missing.
FYI- had 2 good offers on ebay that would've sold the bike had they been made here.....
Darcie
huffman seat 1.jpg
huffman seat 2.jpg
huffman seat 3.jpg
huffman seat 4.jpg
huffman seat 6.jpg
huffman seat 7.jpg
huffman seat a.jpg

Been asked some questions about the seat, it is an uncommon one, very fat and padded, reddish brown leather. Must've been a deluxe Firestone option 'cause they didn't come on the Daytons. A few close ups of seat, and switch on taillight that is usually missing.
FYI- had 2 good offers on ebay that would've sold the bike had they been made here.....
Darcie
View attachment 710704 View attachment 710705 View attachment 710706 View attachment 710707 View attachment 710708 View attachment 710709 View attachment 710710

That is a Troxel Airtex.

That is a Troxel Airtex.

If any one is looking for an AirTex pan...I have one with very rough original cover 'hangin in there'
chassis is nothing unusual...nor is pan really, just the way they were padded extra 'poof'
150 shipped on my As-Is pan only (no chassis) with original rough cover.
Might throw in a chassis for a bit more that would be correct.

Seat on Nicks bike looks to be an old/vintage recover. They were stamped and only black as
far as all examples I've seen. Plus binding stitched to edge

If any one is looking for an AirTex pan...I have one with very rough original cover 'hangin in there'
chassis is nothing unusual...nor is pan really, just the way they were padded extra 'poof'
150 shipped on my As-Is pan only (no chassis) with original rough cover.
Might throw in a chassis for a bit more that would be correct.

Seat on Nicks bike looks to be an old/vintage recover. They were stamped and only black as
far as all examples I've seen. Plus binding stitched to edge

Seat is original, and condition matches rest of bike. According to widow it sat in that barn for 70 years.
I believe the black ones were used on Daytons, we've seen one Firestone with same seat.
Darcie

Last edited:
Back