When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1946 Schwinn post what you have

-
"46..... I have an affinity for that year for some reason - Here are the residents of that vintage that live with us:
Cycle-Truck:
46 CT1.jpg

DX #8
46 D97X-6 BLK.jpg

DX #4
46 D97X-6 DX.jpg

DX #2
46 D97X-6 ReD-X.jpg

No-Bar
46 No-Bar.jpg

And the Wall Hangers!
B-6 and Straightbar (not yet built) These all were way less than complete pieces.
46 B6 ~.jpg
Frame and stand
46 BA107 ~.jpg
Frame, Guard and stand

REC

"46..... I have an affinity for that year for some reason - Here are the residents of that vintage that live with us:
Cycle-Truck:
View attachment 709627
DX #8
View attachment 709633
DX #4
View attachment 709634
DX #2
View attachment 709635
No-Bar
View attachment 709636
And the Wall Hangers!
B-6 and Straightbar (not yet built) These all were way less than complete pieces.
View attachment 709637 Frame and stand
View attachment 709638 Frame, Guard and stand

REC
It's because it's the first year of all the new postwar innovations come together! Built in tapered stand, standard head tube size for boys and girls, chain guard mounts, seat post clamp etc. I like the one year only tapered stand and raised letter seat post clamp. Barry

Hey guys! I'm looking for a set of fenders that will fit this bike. A normal post war rear fender will not fit? Thanks, Barry
SAM_2235.JPG
SAM_2232.JPG
SAM_3610.JPG
SAM_2233.JPG
SAM_2234.JPG

Reactions: REC
Picked this one up, lying on the ground, pretty stripped, at Dudley, a couple of shows ago. Originally bought it for the head badge to use on another bike. Saw something in it, oxalic acid bath brought the color back up, I really like this bike.

fullsizeoutput_411.jpeg

DSC03458.jpg

Back