When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the best saddle leather conditioner?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I've used Proofide for years, and I like it. However upon a friend's staunch recommendations, I've tried NikWax on a brand new Brooks B17 Special that I mounted on my Surly ECR. I must admit that I like it much better than Proofide. It sinks into the leather and really looks nice after buffing. Hey, it's for waterproofing climbing boots! Brooks says twice a year for Proofide. NoControl says once a year for NikWax.

DSCN0500.JPG

I like Lexol Brant, I've used on quite a few dried out saddles.
Sean

I have a BELT saddle, you know one of those leather Fujita saddles from Japan. Some guy had an old old Fuji Special Racer hanging in his garage for like 40 years, and it had one of those Belt saddles on it. The wife was doing her typical, "If I won't use it, I'ma gonna toss it" exercises, and she had a box of stuff for me to take to the dump. Well, there was this huge bottle of vaseline intensive care lotion in there. She didnt like the smell. So here I am holding this and thinking hey wait a minute - if this stuff smooths and softens skin, why wont it work on leather? I slathered it onto the BELT saddle, and by golly its working. The saddle went from brick-hard to almost-flexy. After I got it to the flexy stage, I Nik-waxed it. I was going to ebay it but now I think I might just want it for a future build!

Back