When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1936 Roadmaster Flat Tank

-
Lets see it.

BTW the tank found by the OP has been sold. Someone beat me to it :rage:

crysler-mazzeratti 001.jpg
So not new to this I acquired this bike probaky 20 years ago sold it and now bought it back. A few changes to it now since inowned it including matching original paint rims and BW, at that time was one of very few 36 Roadmasters One of the only originals i knew of at the time. Don Vaughn had a restored green one. Castelli a Red one.... my question is did this bije have a battery box in tank mine has a door on bottom with the threaded wire receiver and light switch it shows no sign of a box and tank is pretty thin to hold one. I purchased a can and horn button looking for a horn and truss rod mounr
I was able to rescue this tank from its hiding place. I didn't find the rest of the bike, it's probably long gone. On a previous forum it was decided to be a 1936 Roadmaster Flat Tank. Anybody know how many years this model was made. I assume it's a desirable model. Not a lot of info out there on them. View attachment 683753 View attachment 683754 View attachment 683755 View attachment 683756 View attachment 683757 View attachment 683758 View attachment 683759

I was able to rescue this tank from its hiding place. I didn't find the rest of the bike, it's probably long gone. On a previous forum it was decided to be a 1936 Roadmaster Flat Tank. Anybody know how many years this model was made. I assume it's a desirable model. Not a lot of info out there on them. View attachment 683753 View attachment 683754 View attachment 683755 View attachment 683756 View attachment 683757 View attachment 683758 View attachment 683759
I had literature on this bike I think I might have given it to Scott years ago when I was liquidating. I got it from Fitzsimmons

I thought as you had the tank is thin. I assumed. Battery tray was mounted on top of said door. Looking at 38 roadmaster battery tray could the 36 be much different? Although I have horn; etc
One of my truss rods are stripped out.
Mine doesn't even have the door. And I would buy any parts if I could find them. Virtually no orig paint left on mine: and I hate to paint over what is left

Last edited:
My original paint 36 has the battery tray attached to the bottom door.

Pedals Past, what is the serial on your 36 shroud tank ?

That is correct buickmike, I thought I had taken a picture of the tank door when I had it removed but I guess I never did snap a shoot of it.

I'll try getting one this weekend and posting here.

I thought as you had the tank is thin. I assumed. Battery tray was mounted on top of said door. Looking at 38 roadmaster battery tray could the 36 be much different? Although I have horn; etc
One of my truss rods are stripped out.
Mine doesn't even have the door. And I would buy any parts if I could find them. Virtually no orig paint left on mine: and I hate to paint over what is left
i had 36 37 and 38 but i dont think the 37 or 38 batery tray is anything like what would fit it a 36 door it would just be a long retainer that wires attached to with no horn inside maybe a early model had no tray who knows

My bike is an early model and it has a tray. I'm pretty sure they all came with trays to hold the batteries in place. Exterior battery tubes would not be original equipment on these bikes.

Might have to wait. Until a couple original tanks are opened up. On my. Bike front fender. Has a clamp that could very well hold wires on each side (hornlight?) Would be nice to see literature with option sheet. Furthermore: this rear fender has additional hole for what I'd have to assume is a "mouse " Delta light.

Back