When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1898 Pope Columbia Model 51 (Chainless)

-

Bluetrader

On Training Wheels
Hello, I believe i have a 1898 Pope Columbia Model 51 ( Chain-less drive).
The tires are not original. But everything else appears to be. The Seat leather is fairly dry, but otherwise everything is in working condition and present. I am interested in selling this bicycle. I have would appreciate any estimates on it worth?
Your help and interest is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jody

IMG_2789.jpg

IMG_2791.jpg

IMG_2793.jpg

IMG_2795.jpg

Are you willing to sell? I could offer a fair price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jody, I would check Copake Auction for prices. Their annual antique bicycle auction results are posted online and will give you an idea what to expect.

Jody, I would check Copake Auction for prices. Their annual antique bicycle auction results are posted online and will give you an idea what to expect.

who checks auction reseults to get an idea of value? if you expect auctions prices, bring it to auction and get ready to be disappointed at what you actually end up with in your pocket!

Hello, I believe i have a 1898 Pope Columbia Model 51 ( Chain-less drive).
The tires are not original. But everything else appears to be. The Seat leather is fairly dry, but otherwise everything is in working condition and present. I am interested in selling this bicycle. I have would appreciate any estimates on it worth?
Your help and interest is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jody

View attachment 715783

View attachment 715784

View attachment 715785

View attachment 715786

Nice machine Jody!
prices:
https://copakeauction.hibid.com/lot...ainless-bicycle?q=chainless&cat=0&SortOrder=3
https://copakeauction.hibid.com/lot...emale-chainless?q=chainless&cat=0&SortOrder=3

Very nice survivor. Is this a family heirloom? Some nice cream or white tires, crepe paper and bunting it would look great in a 4th of July parade!!

I'd take it for a ride but I don't think I'd look good in a corset and bustle.:p That third parts lot could probably be worth ten times the price if you just layed it out like taht in any of the worlds modern art museums!
Gary

Back