When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LaSalle find

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Very cool machine! I remember Bob U, or maybe someone else saying how the paint on the frame held up way better than the paint on the tins, from my experience and seeing this one, looks like that rings true. Super find! I'd be proud to ride it!! Joe

Hmmm. Here's my later 37 Roadie serial. Trust me, I had enough of the original bike when I got it way back in '95 to know. 37 style mount hockey guard, no rear fender dart but newer curved fender braces, and an AS stem.
View attachment 477866
I stand corrected.
I based my estimate on the few prewar cantilever frames that I've had with this same type/ font and sequence range.
I've always heard that small uniform tightly spaced O to Z is 1938.
By the canti frames that were in that range, I figured it must have been correct.
I've also had a couple of canti frames that had the same small tight font with the letter prefix of A.
My thoughts were that those were late 38 or early 39 before the type font size and spacing changed.
It's all just a guess though.
The cantilever frames were a good tell, since they were introduced for the 38 model year.

Fantastic bike!

Great color scheme on this one. I like the look of the rear reflector, double adjustable stem, crazy kid seat. Can anyone photoshop a jewel tank on this? Are the hourglass innie bent trusses right or? Interesting the look of them when bent in such a way. A good candidate for a degrease and OA bath, and just carefully leave the rest of the paint. Great find I hope you keep it.

N

Fantastic bike!

Great color scheme on this one. I like the look of the rear reflector, double adjustable stem, crazy kid seat. Can anyone photoshop a jewel tank on this? Are the hourglass innie bent trusses right or? Interesting the look of them when bent in such a way. A good candidate for a degrease and OA bath, and just carefully leave the rest of the paint. Great find I hope you keep it.

N
I hope he sells it, to me !!!!

This bike was sold once by me at the Arlington Heights swap, only to have it parted out here on the Cabe. Had a few other people who were interested in cleaning it up and thought I found a good home for it. Wow, was I wrong! It was a cool bike that would have been a great rider and project for someone. Oh well another one added to the no sell list.

This bike was sold once by me at the Arlington Heights swap, only to have it parted out here on the Cabe. Had a few other people who were interested in cleaning it up and thought I found a good home for it. Wow, was I wrong! It was a cool bike that would have been a great rider and project for someone. Oh well another one added to the no sell list.
Yes I wanted to clean it and ride it!!!!!

Back