When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prewar Schwinn Rack: C Model

-

jacob9795

I live for the CABE
Can I put this rack on this bike? It’s a C-model Schwinn. I’ve had this rack hanging on my wall for awhile, it’d be nice. I can’t find any catalog examples.

-Jake

5C87CDC9-A324-40A6-8BDD-162B5F4FA0A4.png

E7DDC3F6-6ECA-49CE-B1CE-2488913DE58F.png

BA0B9A5A-7FC1-4259-A765-C44619035570.png

2B0E8C86-7B57-4D74-9BDC-7F0384375428.jpeg

This rack has been a good paperweight so far. That catalog pic is of a BC though isn’t it? I was thinking this C-model may have had a nine hole rack.

Last edited:
:DI just wanted to know because I wish that I could be like the cool kids, ‘cause all the cool kids, they seem to fit in

That’d be great if I could get a pic of this same bike with an original rack. I think @TheDXjedi has one of these but it has ‘ears’ for a drop stand. I can’t find any info on which year has what for 1940ish C-mods.

Last edited:
:DI just wanted to know because I wish that I could be like the cool kids, ‘cause all the cool kids, they seem to fit in

That’d be great if I could get a pic of this same bike with an original rack. I think @TheDXjedi has one of these but it has ‘ears’ for a drop stand. I can’t find any info on which year has what for 1940ish C-mods.

So does this mean I fit in with the cool kids????
Here's my '39 C, now with the 9 hole rack
C with 9 Hole Rack.JPG

The rack you have would be really cool mounted on a C. I have one here like it, but it is slated for a different frame at this point.

REC

So does this mean I fit in with the cool kids????
Here's my '39 C, now with the 9 hole rack
The rack you have would be really cool mounted on a C. I have one here like it, but it is slated for a different frame at this point.

REC
:cool::cool: Very nice, great condition, thanks for posting. It looks like the DX profile Miller stand was used on the later versions of C-Models versus dropstands. Nine hole racks look great either way on these bikes. I'll post pics of my setup when I receive the bike...
The ambiguity in prewar Schwinn facts! Love it.

-Jake

Last edited:
:cool::cool: Very nice, great condition, thanks for posting. It looks like the DX profile Miller stand was used on the later versions of C-Models versus dropstands. Nine hole racks look great either way on these bikes. I'll post pics of my setup when I receive the bike...
The ambiguity in prewar Schwinn facts! Love it.

-Jake
Jake,
My guess is you bought the bike from Pete Deitrich (onecatahula)? I kept looking at that ad if that is the one. Super deal there.
I was considering it to complete one with the tank and fenders... Considering - too broke to think hard about it, and that was a really nice piece as it was. This one:
IMG_0887.JPG

I bought a pair of fenders about a month ago and am trying to come close to the color of "old" on this one. Rides like a rolls!
REC

Back