When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spaceliner: worth it?

-

Cranky Chain Cycles

Finally riding a big boys bike
This 1960s Sears Spaceliner is on sale online for around $50 but don't know if it's worth it. I've already done a fair amount of research on it. I have no idea what condition its in other than what's seen in the pic. The prices I've seen it sold for are all for the boys deluxe version. My plans are for a full restoration.

00P0P_ccF6sp0N7E8_1200x900.jpg

This 1960s Sears Spaceliner is on sale online for around $50 but don't know if it's worth it. I've already done a fair amount of research on it. I have no idea what condition its in other than what's seen in the pic. The prices I've seen it sold for are all for the boys deluxe version. My plans are for a full restoration.

View attachment 719836

Cleaned up I've sold similar for $75 which I think is about tops on these. This bike does not need a restoration which would cost many multiples of what the bike would be worth finished.Heck just tubes and tires would put it over the money. My 2c. V/r Shawn

I would agree with Freqman1 sold three of them over the summer 50 to 75 is the best I could get for them after cleaning them up and making them rideable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a bike that is maybe a little dated looking and probably appreciated for the patina as much as the style. Not saying they aren't cool, just underappreciated. People are strange and a bit trendy that way.

Clean and ride type bike.You are not going to get rich flipping it. The downside is that it is a girls bike and it doesnt have the spring fork.If the tank or lenses are broken then it is pretty worthless.

Cool looking bikes that seem to be a ton of around, so they're not worth much to sell (could be because they're pretty heavy and not very well made—they last by virtue of the materials used to make them), but people love them when they see you riding them. Buy it, clean it, ride it, or give it to someone for Christmas and they'll think you spent a lot more than you did. There's also the option of the TRM tank conversion if you want to do something custom. Here's mine:

23795645_10155328073123191_5151544095243866514_n.jpg

View attachment 719836
I think the Rear Rack, Chain Guard, Tank/Light, and Pedals are worth it. But I'm partial to the Spaceliners//Flightliners of the chrome/springer variety.;)
SpaceFlight.jpg

Back