When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rare Flamingo Spotted in December

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bikemonkey

I live for the CABE
1977 Suburban in Flamingo.

Was told the color was only in the line for about 6 months due to its "popularity". If that's not true, I'm sticking with it anyway as I try to never let the truth get in the way of a good factoid. :)

Stocked with the earliest version of the Shimano FFS, it uses a standard cable and functions fine.

20171213_160557.jpg

A few more photos here - no before/after.

Last edited:
1977 Suburban in Flamingo.

Was told the color was only in the line for about 6 months due to its "popularity". If that's not true, I'm sticking with it anyway as I try to never let the truth get in the way of a good factoid. :)
That is *mostly* true, here are the details: A June 1977 dealer "News Flash" bulletin indicated that due to poor sales the Flamingo and Canary colors were to be discontinued in July 1977 upon re-opening the factory after the annual summer shutdown, and a 2nd ed. catalog was to be issued in mid-July showing the color changes. However, that bulletin also stated that orders for those discontinued colors would be honored through mid-August 1977. In addition a July 1977 bulletin pointed out an error in the 2nd ed. catalog still listing Flamingo as an option on the Ladies' Varsity and stated that Schwinn would fulfill orders of that model in Flamingo all the way through the end of the year.

That is *mostly* true, here are the details: A June 1977 dealer "News Flash" bulletin indicated that due to poor sales the Flamingo and Canary colors were to be discontinued in July 1977 upon re-opening the factory after the annual summer shutdown, and a 2nd ed. catalog was to be issued in mid-July showing the color changes. However, that bulletin also stated that orders for those discontinued colors would be honored through mid-August 1977. In addition a July 1977 bulletin pointed out an error in the 2nd ed. catalog still listing Flamingo as an option on the Ladies' Varsity and stated that Schwinn would fulfill orders of that model in Flamingo all the way through the end of the year.
You have the most excellent information. Thank you for your time and expertise!

Back