When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Id assistance Super Chief

-

Gonzoman

On Training Wheels
9FE733AD-DD78-44C9-92A5-6FB6DE01EC3B.jpeg
9D902CAB-6587-42AE-81F6-6A7D28CEB0E4.jpeg
EAEE6096-F37F-4CBA-9566-838D594F250F.jpeg
Hello, I have been stalking and trying to use the search feature to little avail. Hoping for any information on this bike.

Badged Whites super chief. I am needing the electric horn and correct headlight. But finding info on these is difficult. Any i formation would be awesome.

I bought it to give to my Michelle for Christmas. So basicaly got it ridable and cleaned up.

I believe that is CWC built, Cleveland Welding Co.

Any more info would be great. Is it desirable? I know when I saw it I had to get it. Does it look like an original bike?

Ive been looking at pictures of Chicago welding bikes and I believe your assesment is right on the money.

Any ideas on where I can find a correct headlight and horn? Is it even worth bothering with it?

Any more info would be great. Is it desirable? I know when I saw it I had to get it. Does it look like an original bike?

Ive been looking at pictures of Chicago welding bikes and I believe your assesment is right on the money.

Any ideas on where I can find a correct headlight and horn? Is it even worth bothering with it?

I don't really know too much about these. Yours looks like it's been repainted, which hurts the value, but it is a cool 50's bike with a tank. Headlights and horns are out there, just keep an eye on the classifieds here, and on ebay. Try posting a wanted ad in the wanted section here on CABE for the light and horn.

Looks like a rebadged Roadmaster by Cleveland Welding Co. Search for those and you'll probably find what you need. Nice bike. A CWC bike is on my want list.
Ride on
Sean

western flyer super 51.jpg
Thank you. Am I correct in thinking its roughly a 1953? The last two digits of the serial number are 53 but they are distanced from the rest of the number a bit.
Yes, the "53 Cw" is the year code. The model closest to yours is the Western Flyer 'Super' model, w/nearly the same tank and guard. There were also Hawthorne and Hiawatha badged versions, and each had the name stamped in the chain guard.

I don't really know too much about these. Yours looks like it's been repainted, which hurts the value, but it is a cool 50's bike with a tank. Headlights and horns are out there, just keep an eye on the classifieds here, and on ebay. Try posting a wanted ad in the wanted section here on CABE for the light and horn.
You think it's been repainted? It looks pretty clean to me, but this is the first of this version that I've ever seen.

Back