When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Hornet...not that one

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

marching_out

Finally riding a big boys bike
Picked this up last weekend. Looks complete except for the gas cap...the most sought after part evidently. I have the capabilities to make a new cap but would like to get a couple of dimensions if possible. If anyone out there has one and could post the outside diameter and overall height of the cap, I would very much appreciate it. Also, a couple of close up picts would help with the design of the outside serrations (at least I think that is the how it is designed). I could guess at the dimensions and get close through trial and error but thought this might be quicker.

IMG_1866.JPG

IMG_1867.JPG

IMG_1869.JPG

Not sure why either...came that way when i bought it. It is adjustable. I'm probably going to sit on this one for a while because of other ongoing projects.

Picked this up last weekend. Looks complete except for the gas cap...the most sought after part evidently. I have the capabilities to make a new cap but would like to get a couple of dimensions if possible. If anyone out there has one and could post the outside diameter and overall height of the cap, I would very much appreciate it. Also, a couple of close up picts would help with the design of the outside serrations (at least I think that is the how it is designed). I could guess at the dimensions and get close through trial and error but thought this might be quicker.

[
]

I had this one a few years back. Somebody made me an offer I couldn't refuse. They're tough to find especially, the tank and even more; that cap. It's vinyl plastic and doesn't look like anything special. I thought it might be easy to find as a lid on a plastic bottle.

The seat was low on mine, in the front, but I raised it. Spect the low was for the little squirt it was originally bought for.
1978-schwinn-hornet-w-tank1-jpg.jpg

ATTACH]
1978-schwinn-hornet-w-tank3-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Back