When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ultrasonic Cleaner

-
They're great devices. I've seen it discussed elsewhere that Simple Green and cuprous metals don't get along. One must keep the solution weak when dealing with copper, brass, and bronze. It has nothing to do with the ultrasonic cleaning action itself.

They're great devices. I've seen it discussed elsewhere that Simple Green and cuprous metals don't get along. One must keep the solution weak when dealing with copper, brass, and bronze. It has nothing to do with the ultrason ic cleaning action itself.

Well written article. I'm sold on the idea. Recently read another article about using a tumbler with different media such as walnut shells or baking soda to do the cleaning. Anyone else try these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used a similar machine at the shop for 5 years now.
We Use it every day in the winter to clean carbs.
We have found that a diluted solution of Oil Eater works the best.
get it at Costco or Walmart or online.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=172881083344

s-l1600.jpg

I had a sonic cleaner for a year or so it worked great on cleaning up parts really a must have for full restorations. I am looking to get another one now I use to run mine with grease lighting cut with a cup of water. As f the tumblers with crushed walnut shells I've used them before they work good for cleaning and polishing up bolts .

I had a sonic cleaner for a year or so it worked great on cleaning up parts really a must have for full restorations. I am looking to get another one now I use to run mine with grease lighting cut with a cup of water. As f the tumblers with crushed walnut shells I've used them before they work good for cleaning and polishing up bolts .

I use ultrasonic cleaners for cleaning custom made cast jewelry, then use a tumbler

I used the one @ work with a roughly 70/30 Simple Green mix,it worked great,just takes s little time. OK with me,beats getting laquer thinner or mineral spirits soaked into my hands,not mention the crud.I have XX large hands and cant keep a pair of gloves on them while working

Can you tell me where you bought yours.........make / model etc?
I think I saw one on Amazon that looks like yours but thought I'd check..
Appreciate any info
Kato

Hmmm, sounds like a lot easier then leaning over my parts cleaner trying not to splash it on my daughter Bug. The best part - my brother bought one to help clean parts when his Son was riding Motocross.. I'm sure I could borrow it for the next several years:)

Back