When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Was YOUR First 2-Wheel Bike???

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
My first bike.....kind of

My dad bought this trike second hand and re-painted/restored it in red, white and blue. My sister

looks pretty excited about it, I have a "yeah, I'm cool and I know it look..."

IMG_1863_zps79e5faca-1.jpg

Photo You Can Get A Laugh At...

Hey Guys!
Here's a photo you can get a laugh at!!!

Whaddaya think we ought to title it???
"Fits Just Fine!"???
Bike Pose.JPG

Talk Soon!
Blessings!
Will & Wendy,

Bike Pose.JPG

First bike?

I have to say that I do not know what my first 2-wheeler was. All I remember is that it was a beat-up brown and white 20" hand-me-down from older cousins. My first new bike was a 1959 J.C. Higgins Flightliner that I got for my 9th birthday. I have one exactly like it now:
View attachment 97455

Your post was years ago so I don't know if this will reach you, but - Beautiful. If you ever want to sell it please let me know. It's almost identical it to my own first bike. I was in love with it but it was stolen soon after I got it and it was only recently that I figured out what it was...

Mine was a 38 Autocycle Deluxe...

Really it was something between a Ross and AMF 20” solid tire bike. Not the smoothest of rides.

I'm not as old as some cave members, but my first two wheeler was like some 2002 mongoose bmx I got from my brother and taught myself how to ride.

A0F2403A-082F-4503-B5F8-93DCEA1917C6.jpeg
E0C7D4B2-4622-4CDB-B04C-7297F4CDE661.jpeg
8C86D762-892F-4EFF-BD8A-8558C6C5169D.jpeg
My Dad on his newspaper bike in Long Beach, Ca. My Mother with her Packard in San Francisco, Ca.(1920’s) With my Brothers and our 1st 2-wheelers given to us by “The Knights of Columbus” after the death of my Dad at 33 yrs. old. My Grandfather put 2/4 wood blocks on my pedals so I could reach them and ride to any soft place to lock the brakes and skid to a dismount in Modesto, Ca.(1950’s)

3 bikes about 1962. 2 were prewar, 1 Schwinn another probably CWC, the 3rd post war Schwinn, likely DX. Of course, How could I have a clue as too pre and post war bikes? I didn't but I know now, duhh. My dad bought the pile in an auction for a few bucks, they were junk, only for head badges you could know the schwinns. I remember then, only because they needed adjusting all the time. But, the least were the two Schwinn's, especially the DX. I was just a tiny guy and could hardly ride any. Albeit Taping wood to the peddles helped. The thing was though, it was those two Schwinns that learned me the differences between crap and solid. The pre war bikes were a pain because, you had to get the pins tightened in right to keep the rear wheels from movin an we were too ignorant to know how too lock em down right. The post war DX though, with forward drop outs was the bike that remained stable. That bike embedded Schwinn quality in me mind. The prob CWC was also a learner because the rear dropouts were weak. They'd been expanded to many times so, even after I figured out how to lock in the pins, hammering back the drop-outs to narrow em down enough to hold the nuts and washers would slip. It was like metals from chna, cheap a..s soft. probably lost its tempering. But that prewar Schwinn drop out would hold those nuts. Well, hold the rim for a short time, until I learned to adjust the pins. It was short lived though because, my disobedient brother burned the garage down, playing wit matches for the um-teeth time. The following year sept 63 we moved into a brand new home. With Christmas coming, guess what I spected Santa to put under me tree?? Yeah duhh, A Stingray! But ya know, new home and all expenses I was hoping there was a real santa as me folks hardly made it through that year. But there were two , brand new bikes anyway. Two POS 3 speed Royce Unions. Another lesson in quality and crap. Disappointed of course, that it wasn't a stingray, or Schwinn as I knew the difference in a good bike and crap. I was very happy to just have a brand new bike, just the same. Yet, Royce Union gives me another lesson in only a few short days ,, My Brother's got stolen xmas day or the very next so I had to share with a knuckle head who abused everything. Those click shifters were crap, cable locks for brakes and shifter crap! the pedal arm pins would slip and nuts strip out. Yet all grown up now, I may have been able to get that crap set right and last longer, or a bike shop back then, if could afford such luxury. Yet, still the peddle pins and cable nuts had soft metal. But for Kids?? . NEXT time get a dam SCHWINN! Because buying crap like that, even way back then, expecting you kids to maintain them?? It's almost no different than the crap at wally world today, providing the dopes assembled em right, , ain't gonna last more than a few months. As fact I don't recall even a month on the 3-speed, having its shifter cable broke then for the peddle arm pins getting striped out.

So, actually, my 1st two wheeler was 3 Junkers. 1 crap, 1 better and lastly, one good solid post war, prob. DX that learned me difference quick. That is, even me older bro, excepting matches, couldn't F up.

My own privet 2 wheeler no sharing wit idiot, you guessed it? Scraped up parts into a danged stingray!

Last edited:
I only had mine for a couple days before it was stolen! I remember it was purple, with a banana seat. When we moved, my parents let me pick out my own, and I chose a Columbia "All American". White, with red fenders, and I think the banana seat was blue. It was early 1977, so there were a lot of USA themed bikes after the bicentennial! Three years later, I bought my first rusty old bike, a '57 Schwinn Corvette! And so the madness began!!!

Back