When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for information - 1980 BMX photograph

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Rambler

I live for the CABE
Does someone know any details regarding the events for this presentation of a Red Line BMX bicycle?

Details from photo: 1980 International Festival of Cycling, RED LINE BMX Bicycle being presented by Miss Festival of Cycling & Stephen Constable.

* What is the International Festival of Cycling?
* Where did this take place in 1980?
* Why was a Red Line BMX being presented?

IMGP6306.JPG

My guess would be that Red Line (BMX manufacturer) was a sponsor of a contest related to the event. The picture looks like it was in a bike shop so maybe they also sold Red Line bikes. Roger

Not sure about the exact event but it looks like it occurred at the Gecko Leisure booth, Gecko was the parent company of both Redline and Kuwahara BMX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure about the exact event but it looks like it occurred at the Gecko Leisure booth, Gecko was the parent company of both Redline and Kuwahara BMX.

kwoodyh, I did not know that Gecko was the parent company of both Redline. I believe you have a good point, this photo probably was taken in the Gecko booth at the International Festival of Cycling event. Now all I wonder is where that event took place in 1980?

My guess would be that Red Line (BMX manufacturer) was a sponsor of a contest related to the event. The picture looks like it was in a bike shop so maybe they also sold Red Line bikes. Roger

rhenning, You are probably correct, that the Red Line BMX bike was a prize at the International Festival of Cycling event.

What is the origin of the photo? Is it the original or where did you come across it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back