When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell...12/31/17..Happy New Year!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Last buy of the year.....a great deal on a very nice Solar Carbide, thank you stingrayjoe.....
fullsizeoutput_4a7.jpeg

Been married for almost 48 years. My wife and I gave up the fruitless hunt of trying to find something the other would like, so now we get our own gifts. Her line was where am I going to find old bicycle parts or tools? True enough cause other than cologne, I had no desire to wander thru the ladies department or nifty gifty shops and end up giving her the receipts so she could return what I bought!

I decided my first gift was to replace my 39 year old workbench stool. Got the padded Craftsman at half price at the local store. Unfortunately China made, but I can't imagine much going wrong with a stool.

I think Sears denigrated the Craftsman name with Chinese stuff and now it's like shopping at a slightly upscale Harbor Freight only you don't get a free flashlight with every purchase:disrelieved: but I think the tool quality is slightly better. I don't think this store will last thru 2018. The parking lot was almost empty 3 days before Christmas and I had to find the only open register on that side of the store. One clerk to service the large areas of sporting goods, garden (snow blowers), and tools. Shame to see them go down the tubes as I they once were my tool headquarters.

old newm.jpg

My second gift to myself was an N-Scale GG-1 I found it on CL. Quite a difference between O scale Lionel and N-Scale. New in the box and untested but I hope it works. The miserable weather in our area (-5 as I write this) has put a real crimp in my riding so the trains will take up the slack. (The burgundy one, Tuscan to PRR fans, is a Christmas tree ornament/)

100E1138.JPG

My final gift was a ZW Lionel transformer. Serviced and ready to run. This is the 250 watt version made in 1948, (1 year after I was born!). Theoretically you could run 4 trains at once with this transformer, but that would be pushing it to the extreme. They came out with a 275 watt 2 years later that looked almost identical, but I don't need that extra power. Note: I just realized these photos were taken before the unit was serviced. Now has a new cord (the only thing it needed) and was cleaned and checked for proper performance.

z1.JPG
z3.JPG

Last edited:
Been married for almost 48 years. My wife and I gave up the fruitless hunt of trying to find something the other would like, so now we get our own gifts. Her line was where am I going to find old bicycle parts or tools? True enough cause other than cologne, I had no desire to wander thru the ladies department or nifty gifty shops and end up giving her the receipts so she could return what I bought!

I decided my first gift was to replace my 39 year old workbench stool. Got the padded Craftsman at half price at the local store. Unfortunately China made, but I can't imagine much going wrong with a stool.

I think Sears denigrated the Craftsman name with Chinese stuff and now it's like shopping at a slightly upscale Harbor Freight only you don't get a free flashlight with every purchase:disrelieved: but I think the tool quality is slightly better. I don't think this store will last thru 2018. The parking lot was almost empty 3 days before Christmas and I had to find the only open register on that side of the store. One clerk to service the large areas of sporting goods, garden (snow blowers), and tools. Shame to see them go down the tubes as I they once were my tool headquarters.

View attachment 731497

My second gift to myself was an N-Scale GG-1 I found it on CL. Quite a difference between O scale Lionel and N-Scale. New in the box and untested but I hope it works. The miserable weather in our area (-5 as I write this) has put a real crimp in my riding so the trains will take up the slack. (The burgundy one, Tuscan to PRR fans, is a Christmas tree ornament/)

View attachment 731498

My final gift was a ZW Lionel transformer. Serviced and ready to run. This is the 250 watt version made in 1948, (1 year after I was born!). Theoretically you could run 4 trains at once with this transformer, but that would be pushing it to the extreme. They came out with a 275 watt 2 years later that looked almost identical, but I don't need that extra power. Note: I just realized these photos were taken before the unit was serviced. Now has a new cord (the only thing it needed) and was cleaned and checked for proper performance.

View attachment 731499 View attachment 731500
I still dig your old stool. I've got the same one

Sweet! Tuner cars had to really grow on me. My Son bought a 2014 Focus ST and I was hooked. My step son has a blue 2015 version of yours,cant believe how fast they are![/QUOTE

Keep the speed on the down low. I told my wife that it is good on gas and its a wagon. I intentionally omitted the fact it has 305 hp. The less she know the better! Am I right here or what guys?

I still dig your old stool. I've got the same one

Amazes me that it is still strong and unbroken as I have kicked it, painted on it, thrown it across my work area when frustrated by some failed repair. I'll keep it just in case the sears doesn't hold up!

I forgot to ad my best purchase of the last week; lug wrench.

A few weeks back a purchased a ‘95 F350 in Petumula, CA and on the drive home I blew a tire and found out on the interstate in the middle of nowhere the truck was missing it’s lug wrench.

I would have paid $$$ for this then

C182C829-7A5B-49EC-B060-7BAAED416590.jpeg

Back