When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Auction Finds

-
That is the 4th bike I seen in that color. The one I picked up that rusty has. The 24" girls bike bob sold. And another canti like yours but not a wasp. That is probably the coolest Schwinn color I've ever seen. Great find!
Ok thanks for the info, but this bike has the wrong seat would it have a phantom type seat or one like the ones on panthers and hornets. Thanks

Ok thanks for the info, but this bike has the wrong seat would it have a phantom type seat or one like the ones on panthers and hornets. Thanks

Very nice finds!
I had a Wasp, believe it was a '62 and it came with the seat pictured below which was the same as the cycle trucks of that era, and I believe it's also the same or similar to the late 50's phantoms.
However, your wasp is older, and I believe it would have had a Mesinger like what came on the panthers and hornets of that time frame.
20170628_190626-jpg.jpg

Very nice finds!
I had a Wasp, believe it was a '62 and it came with the seat pictured below which was the same as the cycle trucks of that era, and I believe it's also the same or similar to the late 50's phantoms.
However, your wasp is older, and I believe it would have had a Mesinger like what came on the panthers and hornets of that time frame.
View attachment 732639
Thank you :)

I have a Wasp in that color. I put a black 9 hole rack and a black Rocket Ray on mine (the holes in the front fender were already there). The seat on mine is a Mesinger and looks to be original to the bike. Nice scores, I like the Monark too!

Back