When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMF Roadmaster Jet Pilot

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Cranky Chain Cycles

Finally riding a big boys bike
The seller, a younger man in his twenties, asked if I planned on using this as a garden feature. He was shocked when I said I'd get her running again. Maybe even by the end of Summer. I just hope it doesn't nickel and dime me to death.

She isn't the prettiest I've seen but if you clean her up, put some whitewalls and chrome rims she'll look real good. It needs grease bad! Everything creaks. Heavy as hell. I can't wait to see the headlights glow.

One question: how do you preserve the decals if I decide to repaint it? From what I've seen so far they have to be replaced.
fullsizeoutput_1e14.jpeg
IMG_4042.JPG
fullsizeoutput_1e15.jpeg
IMG_4048.JPG
IMG_4050.JPG
IMG_4052.JPG
IMG_4053.JPG
IMG_4054.JPG
fullsizeoutput_1e16.jpeg
IMG_4057.JPG
IMG_4058.JPG
IMG_4060.JPG
IMG_4061.JPG
IMG_4062.JPG
IMG_4065.JPG
IMG_4066.JPG
IMG_4067.JPG
IMG_4068.JPG
IMG_4069.JPG
IMG_4070.JPG

Clean, service, ride. There is no upside to repainting this bike.The original paint is way too nice and you would kill the value of this bike which is about $75-100. It would cost about ten times that to truly restore this bike. My 2c. V/r Shawn

It’ll clean up nice. You need a matching set of rims though. The rear rim is period correct (Komet Super). I have a set taking up space in my shop. HMU if you want them, just pay shipping. People usually airbrush or spray paint the front light cover as a cheap fix. To have it rechromed can be expensive.

It’ll clean up nice. You need a matching set of rims though. The rear rim is period correct (Komet Super). I have a set taking up space in my shop. HMU if you want them, just pay shipping. People usually airbrush or spray paint the front light cover as a cheap fix. To have it rechromed can be expensive.

I picked up tubes and an old Schwinn chrome rim from the LBS. White walls are ordered.
How easy is it going to be to find replacement lights? Anything special or can pickup from a local hardware store?

They’re probably flash light bulbs, not hard to find, it probably will work with two D batteries BUT check out LED lamps first. LED lights are much brighter and safer. I don’t use the lamps on any of my bikes, I use quick release cheap LED front and rear lights on my rides; spend like $25 and put them on at night. Mike Burden might have the lenses (eBay seller: cindivette. I’m not sure if he’s on this site).

They’re probably flash light bulbs, not hard to find, it probably will work with two D batteries BUT check out LED lamps first. LED lights are much brighter and safer. I don’t use the lamps on any of my bikes, I use quick release cheap LED front and rear lights on my rides; spend like $25 and put them on at night. Mike Burden might have the lenses (eBay seller: cindivette. I’m not sure if he’s on this site).

Where would you get these LEDs?

Back