When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finding good homes for my collection

-
This is the place to discuss your collection if I understand your post correctly.
my opinion is that's a tough list to sell.
Figure an Each dollar amount on the wholesale (Cheap) end of the scale equals total $$
Put it in your local Craigslist with list and price.
Just my opinion.
Thanks for the suggestion -- yes, you understood my question. It looks like my best option is to sell them individually. Work to do now in figuring out the selling price for each one.

I really want to see the 1961 Schwinn Black Phantom! (They stopped making them in '59)
Oops! I used https://bikehistory.org/serial-number.html to look up the date, and they gave back "1961" from the serial number: H146851. I should have known that wasn't right, but I was just mindlessly creating the list. Using a more reliable lookup, it looks like it was built on March 15, 1951.

BTW, there's another typo on my list -- the Indian Scout is not made by BSA -- just another embarrassing typo...

40 years of collecting and you have 16 bikes? What are you holding out on us? Photos would be nice :)

40 years of collecting and you have 16 bikes? What are you holding out on us? Photos would be nice :)
Sorry to be so secretive! OK, photos attached (although I will take better photos before actually putting them up for sale). Although I started collecting 40 years ago, I haven't really added any to my collection for about 35 years :) They have just been sitting.... I welcome additional advice and/or inquiries....

IMG_4240.JPG

IMG_4241.JPG

IMG_4242.JPG

IMG_4245.JPG

IMG_4246.JPG

IMG_4247.JPG

IMG_4248.JPG

IMG_4249.JPG

IMG_4251.JPG

IMG_4252.JPG

IMG_4253.JPG

IMG_4254.JPG

IMG_4257.JPG

IMG_4258.JPG

IMG_4259.JPG

IMG_4261.JPG

IMG_4260.JPG

IMG_4262.JPG

IMG_4263.JPG

I'm all over that paratrooper :hearteyes: my wallet is burning.

Wanna buy it for my paratrooper who came back from Iraq... Though I may have a hard time sharing it with him.

He said he jumped with Humvees but never a bicycle.

Last edited:
I'm all over that paratrooper :hearteyes: my wallet is burning.

Wanna buy it for my paratrooper who came back from Iraq... Though I may have a hard time sharing it with him.

He said he jumped with Humvees but never a bicycle.
That's great! I haven't set the price yet, but I will let you know when I do.

Sure looks like a ballooner. Only ballooner produced in 1961 was a Wasp. Someone must have built this.

img_4240-jpg.jpg

As noted in an earlier reply, “1961” was an error. This has a serial number from March, 1951– H146851. Sorry for the confusion

Back