When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn on EBay -- Is this a good buy?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
FEDEX (bikeflights.com) delivered this bike to me today. The boxes looked perfect so FEDEX seems to have done a good job with the shipment.

It was very cold in Houston today so I did not try to do the re-assembly today.

However, I did open the boxes and from what I was able to see, the bike looks to be as described.

So far, I give very high marks to the seller (Clark58mx). He shipped the bike very quickly and he appears to have done an excellent job of packing it. He has also been very good about communicating quickly.

Glad to hear that beauty made it home safely. Two thumbs up to you and the seller!

Well, I finally started unpacking this bike today.

To say the least it was a sad experience.

The rack was bubble wrapped separately, but it was in the bottom of the box. The shipping box shows no damage.

Apparently the box somehow flexed in shipment and the rack got badly bent (see pictures).

When I saw the rack, I just stopped unwrapping stuff, so I don't know if there is other damage or not.

To say the least, this badly bent rack will ruin the look of the bike.

I think this cures me of the old bike hobby. It is just too risky to ship nice bicycles.

IMG_2910[1].JPG
IMG_2911[1].JPG
IMG_2912[1].JPG
IMG_2913[1].JPG

Bummer. I know how you feel, I've been thru that a few times myself and stopped unboxing. I can't get a nice bike part shipped without damage. I picked up a cherry chain guard and when it showed up I said a few choice words and didn't even open it until four days later. It was destroyed.

62 Continental 014.JPG

My current thinking is to just part this bike out and try to recoup what I can.

This cures me of the old bike hobby.

Far safer to buy old cars and have them transported than to ship a nice bike.

Why would you part that bike out cause of the rack??? Doesn't make any sense. Why not straighten the Rack or buy a rack And paint to march??

Matching the paint on the rest of the bike might prove to be challenging.

Plus I haven't even unwrapped the other parts of the bike so there may be additional damage that I haven't yet seen.

At age 81, I'm just not inclined to go through the hassle of trying to find a rack and then trying to get the paint matched. I have had a lot of experience trying to get paint to match on some old cars and it can be a challenge. With my luck, the repainted rack would stand out like a sore thumb.

At the moment, just parting the bike out has a lot of appeal and may be the simplest solution.

Matching the paint on the rest of the bike might prove to be challenging.

Plus I haven't even unwrapped the other parts of the bike so there may be additional damage that I haven't yet seen.

At age 81, I'm just not inclined to go through the hassle of trying to find a rack and then trying to get the paint matched. I have had a lot of experience trying to get paint to match on some old cars and it can be a challenge. With my luck, the repainted rack would stand out like a sore thumb.

At the moment, just parting the bike out has a lot of appeal and may be the simplest solution.
Shipping 15 different parts would seem a little tougher. But it's your bike why don't you offer it here on the cabe whole for what you have in it. Never know may get your money back.

Back