When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How about upgrading vintage bike lights with modern flashlights inside.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Muleman121

Finally riding a big boys bike
Have seen a few out and about and want to do a couple for riders. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was discussed before, I found some screw in LED bulbs for my old Schwinn 2 D cell lights. They work great.

Check out superbrightleds.com. look for their 1 watt flashlight bulb. Screws right into your existing socket. Really bright.

I gutted a harbor freight rechargeable spotlight and stuffed the guts into an old light on one of my bikes.

Luckily, the parabolic reflector was the same size, so it all went together perfectly.

The charge seems to last forever. I've done long night rides, without it going dim, and I think the spot light said it'll last 6 hours of continuous use.

Haven't ridden the bike in months, and just checked it, and it still lights.

20160306_125954.jpg

20160306_143128.jpg

20160306_143128.jpg

20160306_145819.jpg

I gutted a harbor freight rechargeable spotlight and stuffed the guts into an old light on one of my bikes.

Luckily, the parabolic reflector was the same size, so it all went together perfectly.

The charge seems to last forever. I've done long night rides, without it going dim, and I think the spot light said it'll last 6 hours of continuous use.

Haven't ridden the bike in months, and just checked it, and it still lights.

View attachment 737238

View attachment 737239

View attachment 737239

View attachment 737241

Super good job on the conversion. Gonna have to try this one. I have ordered led’s that was mentioned but haven’t arrived yet. Things are on the slow boat from China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A year later...I am thinking of converting my old Carbide lantern to LED. I will post here if and when I get started.

Back