When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Barn Find - Mercury Pacemaker

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
What a killer bike hawkster!! I believe I seen a fender ornament on eBay couple days ago. Did you by Chance see it as well? Good luck with your search and great job man. It looks killer!!

Thanks for the heads up and the kind words. I did see that ornament on eBay this week. I think a shiny ornament will just look so odd on that bike, lol. I considered buying it and aging it to match the patina but I may just have a friend of mine do a metal facsimile. He's pretty amazing with a chunk of metal. I also have a Western Flyer fender ornament I have had for years just waiting for the right bike. Depending on this bike's year, that may be the way to go.

What brand tires are those? Looks killer on that bike.

They're Carlisle Lightnings. They were on a trashed girls bike I bought but they looked near NOS under 10 layers of dirt. They have the flashing down the center and could not have seen the road very much at all although they do have some light cracking from age. I wouldn't be afraid to ride these tires daily, though. How they survived that many years on that twisted mess of a bike without aging more than they did is mind boggling.

Thanks for the heads up and the kind words. I did see that ornament on eBay this week. I think a shiny ornament will just look so odd on that bike, lol. I considered buying it and aging it to match the patina but I may just have a friend of mine do a metal facsimile. He's pretty amazing with a chunk of metal. I also have a Western Flyer fender ornament I have had for years just waiting for the right bike. Depending on this bike's year, that may be the way to go.
Just sand it down and let it rust a bit

And for reference, I did pull the other two bikes out and snap a shot of both of them. I haven't touched anything on these except to pull off a gorgeous pair of reflector grips, just to keep them safe. Even the pigeon poo is still intact.
DSC_7102.jpg
DSC_7104.jpg
If you see anything on these that you're for sure should go on the Mercury, please speak up. I think the correct gooseneck and handlebars for the Mercury are in there.

They're Carlisle Lightnings. They were on a trashed girls bike I bought but they looked near NOS under 10 layers of dirt. They have the flashing down the center and could not have seen the road very much at all although they do have some light cracking from age. I wouldn't be afraid to ride these tires daily, though. How they survived that many years on that twisted mess of a bike without aging more than they did is mind boggling.

They looked to me like "snake bellies"

Back