When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent find, but as yet unable to determine the brand.

-

SIMON NICHOLAS TRNOVSKY

On Training Wheels
Hi there and thanks for acceptance to this forum. This is the bike in question, from some research and searching and asking the locals here is yet to be identified. I put it down to a Massey/CCM, the rear drop-outs point me in that direction, as does the fork crown and the crank set, but a few of the other details don't match up in other areas. Can I ask for a bit of feedback on it, it's a very rare thing down here in Sth. Australia . I have a set of "Kelly" 'bars waiting in the wings and the seat choice was for comfort at this stage until I find a decent correct period one, despite being a bit small for me, It rides very well . T
fullsizeoutput_319e.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_31a4.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_31a5.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_31a1.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_319d.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_3245.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_319e.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_2843.jpeg
hank you for your time.

In the Bicycle Restoration Tips under Sprocket compilation PIC HEAVY
post # 4 by sqrly:
Fauber.jpg

Fauber

Unfortunately Fauber was present on a huge percentage of bicycles on the market around the turn of the century and up through WW1 so that doesn't help much....

I do see a feature that is distinct and one that I have not seen elsewhere, that floating "lug" or sleeve or whatever I'm looking at about 4 inches down from the head tube on the down tube.
Paint makes me think it is an original frame feature rather than a repair, never seen such a thing you. Anybody else?

Unfortunately Fauber was present on a huge percentage of bicycles on the market around the turn of the century and up through WW1 so that doesn't help much....

I do see a feature that is distinct and one that I have not seen elsewhere, that floating "lug" or sleeve or whatever I'm looking at about 4 inches down from the head tube on the down tube.
Paint makes me think it is an original frame feature rather than a repair, never seen such a thing you. Anybody else?

It was not intended as being the answer to the question of what brand of bicycle it is.
But if that's your way of looking at things...
then your thinking that the paint is original doesn't help much either...

I made reference to the crank as being Fauber and noticed that different
brands from that time period used that component as well.
On bicycles that still maintain the original head badge or tank, there is
the possibility of being able to detect the original color of the bike underneath.
Even if it's just a small amount or trace of the paint.
Otherwise we are just guessing on the brand of bike.

Last edited:
It was not intended as being the answer to the question of what brand of bicycle it is.
But if that's your way of looking at things...
then your thinking that the paint is original doesn't help much either...

I made reference to the crank as being Fauber and noticed that different brands from that time period
used that component as well.

Wasn't trying to be catty bud, I was just pointing out the fact to the OP.
I love posting original adverts and glad you did.
The paint may not be original at all, it's anybody's guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back