When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone come across this?

-

fthnow

On Training Wheels
I acquired a bunch of Schwinn books/catalogs from an auction a number of years ago. One of the books is the familiar 50 years of Schwinn Built Bicycles. This one happened to be a library book from the Racine Wisconsin public library.

What is unique is that inside the front cover appears to be the autograph of Ignaz Schwinn, though his signature is a different color ink than the person mentioned. I don't know if this is authentic. Anyone ever come across this? Thanks!!

IMG_3753.JPG

That auction; was it the family auction in Chicago? I have the paperback version of that book. Wore the binding out of it long ago. I would like to buy service manual for the mid to late 30's Schwinn. I have a copy if the section for hi-lo drum. But long to see entire book. Authentic signature? Who knows

That auction; was it the family auction in Chicago? I have the paperback version of that book. Wore the binding out of it long ago. I would like to buy service manual for the mid to late 30's Schwinn. I have a copy if the section for hi-lo drum. But long to see entire book. Authentic signature? Who knows
Wasn't the family auction; was an auction in Kewaskum, WI some time ago. It featured a number of items from a guy who owned a bike shop in Waukesha, WI.

The writing doesn't look very smooth. My grandma's handwriting looked like that after she got older. If they were doing a facsimile, I'd think they would choose a better version.

I live in Racine and the " Ec Styberg Engineering Co " is still in business. I wonder what the connection was.

I HAVE AN ORIGINAL AUTOGRAPHED 50 YEAR BOOK
WITH IGNAZ SIGNATURE.
I WILL CHECK IT OUT FOR COMPARISON.
I AM NOT A HAND WRITING EXPERT, BUT IT LOOKS ALMOST THE SAME.
AND THE "TO MY FRIEND______ IS IN BLACK INK VS. THE BLUE FOR IGNAZ.

WOULD ANYONE LIKE TO PUT A VALUE ON THEM?

Last edited:
I acquired a bunch of Schwinn books/catalogs from an auction a number of years ago. One of the books is the familiar 50 years of Schwinn Built Bicycles. This one happened to be a library book from the Racine Wisconsin public library.

What is unique is that inside the front cover appears to be the autograph of Ignaz Schwinn, though his signature is a different color ink than the person mentioned. I don't know if this is authentic. Anyone ever come across this? Thanks!!

View attachment 745853
Having several original Ignaz signatures I say yours is authentic. Mark.

Back