When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early Boardtrack Racer?

-

nj_shore

Finally riding a big boys bike
As I am going through the rafters, I came upon this early bicycle I bought a while ago.
Any information would be appreciated.. No head badge.

unknown_bike.jpg

unknown_bike2.jpg

unknown_bike3.jpg

unknown_bike4.jpg

Is there a reason why all unknown bikes are now "racers"?

Yes there is a reason. It is because so many of the participants in collecting old bicycles are that desperate to own one because it means prestige for their ego and money in their wallet, which means that many of those into collecting things are in it because of prestige and money, which is sort of sad. It is the same way for collectors of any material objects, cameras, motorcycles, automobiles, pocket-knives....

The other reason would be ignorance. For instance in the thread I started about my circa-1900 Pierce I wondered out-loud if it was a racing bicycle because it was a "fixie", because I was not educated enough to know that it was normal for bicycles in 1900 to be fixed-gear and that a coaster rear-hub was a luxury or extra-cost option.

So take your pick.....

BB700B25-2E1E-4B23-98D1-0B232BD7DEE9.png
Also what is possible is that it is a green mistake. Harmless actually. Should not offend anyone. Another idea is that a roadster could of been used to race (probably lost) because the bike rider could not afford an actual bike made to race competitively.

Warning : CLICHE ALERT

A great way to learn is making mistakes if the people around accept and remember their own.
Also the best teachers are those who remember what it was like when they did not know what they know now.
Great teachers go back to the time when they were not experts in their field and transfer the information as if they were learning it all over again. Then they learn more than they thought they knew.

Yes there is a reason .... so many of the participants in collecting old bicycles are that desperate
to own one because it means prestige for their ego and money in their wallet, which means that many of those into collecting things are in it because of prestige and money, which is sort of sad. It is the same way for collectors of any material objects, cameras, motorcycles, automobiles, pocket-knives....

The other reason would be ignorance. For instance in the thread I started about my circa-1900 Pierce I wondered out-loud if it was a racing bicycle because it was a "fixie", because I was not educated enough to know that it was normal for bicycles in 1900 to be fixed-gear and that a coaster rear-hub was a luxury or extra-cost option.

So take your pick.....

Left out wisdom ...... thinking and acting based on experience ... knowledge ... understanding ... insight and common sense... .... list could go on ......

Back