When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CABE MARKET VALUE

-

Kickstand3

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
OR CMR

In every other kinda business there’s market value why not here . At the end of the day only your check book will determine that though. Seems like to me a lot of you guys have a lot of knowledge and experience and some just think they know everything , even though that’s not the case . I promise you that lot of collectors have objects they want to post and just want a fair price, doesn’t have to be the last nickel . What is we could post something here so you guys can evaluate it , spit on it or wet your pants for it . Then it could be moved over to the for sale section and there’s no misunderstanding.
1 st think don’t be scared
2 post at least 6 pics

I’ll go first
5f72cfae5575d9713455080ebc882c00.jpg
589244f4f79457e457b9a0c7a90056f8.jpg
3a23eeade84fc49b63e9b9bc59ea4b2c.jpg
e0421daca2c67c6bd8f122c11a59a1e5.jpg
7e149425d2dbc88203d2e1a514228a11.jpg
1e3457516876ec4713c345fff4540225.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Other hobbies have price guides but there are not guides for everything. In this case its watching sales, searching the for sale section, looking at Ebay sold items, and going to meets where you get a feel for 'market' price which fluctuates with demand. When in doubt either go a little high with OBO or list on Ebay. I sold a rack like yours for $150 last year. V/r Shawn

Other hobbies have price guides but there are not guides for everything. In this case its watching sales, searching the for sale section, looking at Ebay sold items, and going to meets where you get a feel for 'market' price which fluctuates with demand. When in doubt either go a little high with OBO or list on Ebay. I sold a rack like yours for $150 last year. V/r Shawn
Thats what im talking about your a smart guy and well respected on the Cabe
Thank you SIRRRRRRRRRRR

My buying pricing is determined by how bad I want it how much $ seller wants, how much $ I have to spend then I try to make a deal fair to both of us. Although I am not afraid to make a low ball offer just to gauge how bad the seller wants to sell. I got a Schwinn 5 speed Manta Ray at Ann Arbor one year for $400, the seller wanted $800 and it was late in the day so I threw out a number I didn't think he would take but he didn't want to haul it home and excepted it. I was happy and he was happy. End of a great day.

My buying pricing is determined by how bad I want it how much $ seller wants, how much $ I have to spend then I try to make a deal fair to both of us. Although I am not afraid to make a low ball offer just to gauge how bad the seller wants to sell. I got a Schwinn 5 speed Manta Ray at Ann Arbor one year for $400, the seller wanted $800 and it was late in the day so I threw out a number I didn't think he would take but he didn't want to haul it home and excepted it. I was happy and he was happy. End of a great day.
Yea, a fella wanted $300 for a 1918-1921 Rowboat motor, last day of sale at pack-up time I told him $65.00... I got it!!!.

i for one think this is a great idea. however, im pretty sure its going to go over like a fart in church here at the cabe... it seems that there is always someone here, usually someone new, trying to get info on what there bike is worth but the majority of people lambaste the individual rather than help. i suspect most of the people with the knowledge to help keep there mouths shut in hopes of getting a below market deal.

i for one think this is a great idea. however, im pretty sure its going to go over like a fart in church here at the cabe... it seems that there is always someone here, usually someone new, trying to get info on what there bike is worth but the majority of people lambaste the individual rather than help. i suspect most of the people with the knowledge to help keep there mouths shut in hopes of getting a below market deal.

I think some people that have spent thousands of hours acquiring the knowledge get tired of "one hit wonders" and "pickers" who come here and think this is some sort of free appraisal service. How many times has this happened and then the person turned around and listed the bike/item on Ebay without even giving consideration to the forum that helped them in the first place? Then there are the people that are just too lazy to do some basic research. I know I can come across curt sometimes but the bottom line is I'm willing to help someone more often than not if they ask.

I have seen a few attempts at trying to make some sort of price guide both in print and online. Even with really good guides they are misused and misinterpreted a lot of times. With other collectibles how many times have you heard "well the price guide says its worth $xxx not paying any attention to condition or if it is truly a comparable item? Or how about "there is one listed on Ebay for $xxx" Great how about doing a search on Ebay for sold items and see what it really brings.

Sorry for the venting but that's the story from this side of the fence. V/r Shawn

Unfortunately there are sellers that remove their asking price after an item sells. This combined with the time to sell helps gauge some estimate of market value.

Can someone please fill me in on what the purpose of removing your price serves? Only two people really know what the selling price was. Isn't that enough?

Chad

Back