When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Varsity Chopper ....

-
no real progress to report, but I did get a tank from a buddy that will fit pretty good with a little massaging. I think it is from one of those hybrid girls/boys bikes for smaller kids

IMG_6268.JPG
IMG_6269.JPG
IMG_6270.JPG

I was thinking of putting a larger hanging tank of some sort on it between the two bars, then this popped up for free from a buddy clearing out some excess junk while he moves.

opinions welcome.

I'd say no tank. It has a nice clean look and those long tubes really draw the eye toward that. The tank makes it look like it has some kinda big wart.

no. it is waiting patiently while I fiddle with my other bikes. I did get an aluminum rear wheel with a drum brake I'll probably use. this is a low budget project, I am into it 30 bucks for the seat, everything else I had, the frame I got for 10 bucks and sold what came with it for 10 bucks.

Anymore progress on this very interested

here ya go. I got this rear wheel with a Sturmey Archer drum brake and an aluminum rim. so today I went to the bike shop to see what was available in 26" tires and there was this fat "slick" that I knew would not fit the frame but had to have it anyway. 26 X 2.125. I also bought a 26 X 1.50 tire for the front but no aluminum rim as of yet.

I also had this 24" fork lying around that was tall enough to fit the 26" size head tube. after installing it I found that the wedge and half the gooseneck bolt were still inside the fork, so my stem can't go down far enough.... look how close the tire is to the fork. that was what was going for with this. guess i won't be running a front fender if I can find another fork like this or fix this one.

small IMG_6517.JPG

small IMG_6522.JPG

Last edited:
Back