When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Schwinn Cruiser 5 $300

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
One thing that's interesting is the build date (1363) and the fact that Cruiser was built and boxed up at the Chicago factory, and it's not a Murray Schwinn Cruiser. :D I can see the welds at the bottom bracket. More than likely one of the very last Chicago Schwinns.

One thing that's interesting is the build date (1363) and the fact that Cruiser was built and boxed up at the Chicago factory, and it's not a Murray Schwinn Cruiser. :D I can see the welds at the bottom bracket. More than likely one of the very last Chicago Schwinns.
I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for pointing that out, I had to go back and look twice!

Does this bike have the sticker from where it was sold?
A dealer here in Metro Detroit ( MGM bicycles which had 9 or 10 stores and was originally known as Village Cyclery) bought hundreds of Frames from Schwinn and built them up with various parts and sold them as genuine. I guess most of the frames were seconds or blems or ? This was in the early to mid 80's . Schwinn got wind of this after some bikes showed up at other shops with warranty issues. I saw bikes come in with all types of parts on them and people swore they were bought that way. Well Schwinn took action against Chuck, the owner, and pulled his dealership. I still see his pieced together bikes come in the door from time to time.

Does this bike have the sticker from where it was sold?
A dealer here in Metro Detroit ( MGM bicycles which had 9 or 10 stores and was originally known as Village Cyclery) bought hundreds of Frames from Schwinn and built them up with various parts and sold them as genuine. I guess most of the frames were seconds or blems or ? This was in the early to mid 80's . Schwinn got wind of this after some bikes showed up at other shops with warranty issues. I saw bikes come in with all types of parts on them and people swore they were bought that way. Well Schwinn took action against Chuck, the owner, and pulled his dealership. I still see his pieced together bikes come in the door from time to time.

Over the years I've seen a diamond stamped next to or above the serial numbers on the drop outs and on the BB. Do you have any idea what that diamond stamp was for? Possibly a stamping indicating a flawed frame?

Good question. I've seen that mark too.
I do know where a few of the bare frames ended up after the bankruptcy auction.
They were still there last spring.
When I have a chance I'll make a call. and when I have time I'll go take a look.

Schwinn sold these frames for $5.00 - $10.00 if I remember.

Can't remember who's bike it was here, but they had a nice picture of the drop out stamped serial number and it had that diamond stamp. Then I noticed a small hairline crack in the dropout next to the seat stay dimple stamping. That's when I started thinking Schwinn stamped that diamond on a somewhat flawed frame but the flaw wasn't something of concern but it was noted by that stamping just in case a warranty issue on that frame was reported.

Back