When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The goal: organize the peg board this winter....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
If it were me, and I had a minimum of a 10' X 10' space to work with, I might want to replace or incorporate the table (along the back wall) with an L-shaped counter and L-shaped shelves. Don't block your walkways/entrance w/counter space as it appears that your table now does. Is there enough room in your shop to build an L-shaped counter with shelves underneath, another shelf at arms reach for cleaners and the like, and one above that for bike parts, with room for some tall items under the counter? Maybe you could even fit the front wheels of a couple complete bikes and a rolling tool cart in this space. You'd also be wanting a couple deep drawers and at least 4 shallow ones. I ripped apart a "Free" on CL metal desk, for the drawers, the back (used for a metal work surface) and the center drawer for my most used tools. Put most of the stuff on the shelves in boxes so they can be pulled out and moved easily w/o having to move one small item at a time. Use separate caddies for similar items like tapes and paint brushes, etc. Lesser used tools go in toolboxes or drawers on shelves. If you like the pegboard idea, you should now have plenty of room to keep your most frequently used items and you'll have plenty of clear counter space to work. The room looks small, get rid of stuff that's in your way. Organize and you'll be amazed at the amount of space you've freed up, make the most of it. Plenty of free used lumber out there too, just check out "Free" on CL.
Solid advice....i intend on taking it all out and reorganizing soon....to get all the junk i donot use or have no use for out including masses of odd and ends for old schwinn projects...that ill post soon as i see what i have laying around

Last edited:
Looks more like a fake shop from a TV show! If my shop looked that clean, I would put up a glass wall and not let anyone (including myself) use it. Then I would have open a new shop so I can get some work done!

Nice!
00V0V_7A9Rpskw9xL_600x450 (1).jpg

A clean workshop is a workshop where nothing gets worked on.

Y'know what? I think I'm going to follow Jake's lead, and start liking every one of your posts, even if it's something that you just made up, like this one.

Last edited:
Y'know what? I think I'm going to follow Jake's lead, and start liking every one of your posts, even if it's something that you just made up, like this one.
Thank you Boris.I am now in your elite group of members that you give "like" to.I only know of one other member of this elite group.I feel so honored.

I gave your post a like because it is simple, direct, with a
minimum of words which illustrates that you are aware that
although you don
t know everything, you are willing to humble
yourself by asking for answers.
It is posts like yours which will forever be enshrined in the
pantheon hall of famous quotes such as...

alfred-e-newman.gif

WHAT ME WORRY?

Last edited:
Back