When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

killer deco Bakelite tricycle saddle

-
Status
Please reply by conversation.
R

removed

SAM_8706.jpg

SAM_8716.jpg

trike seat 1.jpg

trike seat 2.jpg

trike seat 3.jpg

trike seat 4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe that your saddle is later very nice shape but ....
Late 40’s saddle
Spring set is more modern than the early springs.
Just an opinion
That racer seat is mine and similar to the one on the mercury worlds fair trike of the same era.

Well it is bakelite and that was only prewar and wartime in postwar they had developed plastic and every thing went that direction. The trike with that seat I found on Google images. And even though my seat made prewar isnt as old as the 35 thru 38 years the trike was made. And you have to admit its simular to one I saw on a Racer. I'm not a trike expert I just thought I'd share what I have here in the group rather than put it on ebay. Sorry man.

Cripple no bash there my friend just some info Your correct it’s definitely a sweet seat.
Thanks for posting

That's chris
I believe that your saddle is later very nice shape but ....
Late 40’s saddle
Spring set is more modern than the early springs.
Just an opinion
That racer seat is mine and similar to the one on the mercury worlds fair trike of the same era.
That's Chris Hammons trike. The one that's pictured with that seat I'm not sure what you mean that that's your seat but it came off the The Google image site and I grab the pictures of it and then it turned out that Chris own The trike . But since it to Bakelite and that was only made pre war and during the war it must be earlier than late forties it may be in the late thirtys or very early forties but they started using plastic immediately after the war

That's chris

That's Chris Hammons trike. The one that's pictured with that seat I'm not sure what you mean that that's your seat but it came off the The Google image site and I grab the pictures of it and then it turned out that Chris own The trike . But since it to Bakelite and that was only made pre war and during the war it must be earlier than late forties it may be in the late thirtys or very early forties but they started using plastic immediately after the war

Cripple
Sorry to say .
There are a lot of maroon elgin racers out there.
But that elgin racer with that mint early seat is
Pictured in front of my house. Lol
Refer to cabe tricycle sect.
Take a while to scroll through you will find it there
Amongst many other items taken in same spot .
Thank you
Mark

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back