When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IVER Johnson Time!!

-
I think your correct carlitos60 on your Iver being a 1915/16. I have a 1915 Iver racer that I know for sure is at least a 1915 because it is the Chater Lea model and 1915 was the first year that Iver Johnson introduced this model. My serial # is 262845 and yours is 266xxx, fairly close in production.......................see it here: http://boulderartgallery.com/Iver_Johnson_Bicycle_Collection/IverJohnson_Page_24.html Pete in Fitchburg

I think your correct carlitos60 on your Iver being a 1915/16. I have a 1915 Iver racer that I know for sure is at least a 1915 because it is the Chater Lea model and 1915 was the first year that Iver Johnson introduced this model. My serial # is 262845 and yours is 266xxx, fairly close in production.......................see it here: http://boulderartgallery.com/Iver_Johnson_Bicycle_Collection/IverJohnson_Page_24.html Pete in Fitchburg

That's Cool!!
Pete, When did They Start/Stop Producing the FORK with an Open and a Closed Drop Ends??

Hi carlitos60,
I don't recall Iver ever making a fork with open drop ends.........................any Iver fork that I've ever seen with open drop ends were done by owners. Pete in Fitchburg

Hi carlitos60,
I don't recall Iver ever making a fork with open drop ends.........................any Iver fork that I've ever seen with open drop ends were done by owners. Pete in Fitchburg

I Thought, I Have Seen Them!!

Mine is before 1913 as the crank nut moved to the other side that year at S/N 195xxx, so I figure 1912, which averages to about 23k bikes per year in the interim accepting yours as 1915. I have no idea what likely numbers were back then, but that seems believable to me for a larger firm (or maybe sets mine back a few years).

Mine is before 1913 as the crank nut moved to the other side that year at S/N 195xxx, so I figure 1912, which averages to about 23k bikes per year in the interim accepting yours as 1915. I have no idea what likely numbers were back then, but that seems believable to me for a larger firm (or maybe sets mine back a few years).

Post a Picture of Yours!!!

Original track bars swapped out.

14714864_10154142707608191_791996363792716159_o.jpg

Back