When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Schwinn Tank bike ***NOW $700 in CT

-

Jim Barnard

Wore out three sets of tires already!
IMG_5095[1].JPG

I bought this a number of years ago. It had the right tank, frame, crank,. wheels, bars, goose neck, rack and sprocket. The fenders, light, seat, pedals and springer are all old original Schwinn parts (Maybe not the seat) that I thought might be correct for the year. Paint is a decent rattle can job done with care and love... but a rattle can job. Crank, sprocket and bars have been rechromed and are perfect. The head badge is AWFUL and is a shade off. The green paint is close but not perfectly matched. I never wired the light or tested the horn. Rack was bent where they all are bent and was welded by a bad child before being painted. A gorgeous glass jewel resides on the rack end.

This rides like a tank. Maybe that is why they call these tank bikes. This lives in New London CT. Shipping will be by Bike Flights and be about $80-90 dollars
IMG_5096[1].JPG
IMG_5097[1].JPG
IMG_5098[1].JPG
IMG_5099[1].JPG
IMG_5100[1].JPG
IMG_5101[1].JPG
IMG_5102[1].JPG
IMG_5103[1].JPG
IMG_5104[1].JPG
IMG_5105[1].JPG
IMG_5106[1].JPG
IMG_5107[1].JPG
IMG_5108[1].JPG
IMG_5109[1].JPG
IMG_5110[1].JPG
IMG_5111[1].JPG
IMG_5112[1].JPG
IMG_5113[1].JPG

It looks like fender braces and hubs have been rattle canned silver. Can we get hub pictures
Good question! The braces are painted in primer... I thought it would look galvanized, but it does not. Spokes and hubs sprayed silver. They look a lot better than I thought they would.
IMG_5132[1].JPG
IMG_5131[1].JPG
IMG_5130[1].JPG
IMG_5129[1].JPG
IMG_5127[1].JPG
IMG_5128[1].JPG

It looks like fender braces and hubs have been rattle canned silver. Can we get hub pictures
As mentioned, a fine looking bike, decent amateur resto for a spray bomb, and above ALL, good pictures and an HONEST description. Most ballooner's loaded with goodies are heavy. Good exercise pedaling around the block, or on a more ambitious cruise. GLWTS.

How is it loaded with goodies. That's the way it came from the factory. The bare frames people are riding now are missing all their parts.
An old friend of mine, Leon Dixon used to call the "goodies"..."gingerbread" and that referred to a stock bike with lots of deluxe "stock/factory" parts like rack, light, tank, that certainly adds weight to a bike, as opposed to a plain Jane without those "extra/stock" parts.

Back