When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 26” Schwinn bmx bike project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Interesting finish. Looking at the pics it appears the frame was nicely rust pitted and then shot with a matt silver paint. I'm surprised it left the serial number very legible.

Clean build.
View attachment 769500
Thank you. Haha, the frame was actually smooth as silk. That’s just a mild texture powdercoat. It is kinda coarse to the touch, but to me it looks amazing. It’s what I was going for. I love it. Thank you again.

Last edited:
Very nice Danny! Those tires look great, I may have to try some too.

Do you like the cambium seat? I have one but haven't ridden it much yet.

Very nice Danny! Those tires look great, I may have to try some too.

Do you like the cambium seat? I have one but haven't ridden it much yet.

Thank you! Tires are smooth and quiet, I absolutely love them. The seat seems pretty awesome right off the bat. I’m used to riding in s big fat mesinger cruiser seat, so this is all new to me. Happy so far tho!

As a suggestion : B66 Brooks saddle / Ashtabula stem / BMX scrambler bars / one piece crank / if you need gears 5 speed rear with a thumb shifter. My husband who worked at Schwinn (engineering) in the early 80's built up a a few of these while also working on the King Sting. I'll post pictures of the bikes when I get a chance...

That's very cool that your husband worked on the King Sting.

Back