When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 26” Schwinn bmx bike project

-
Interesting finish. Looking at the pics it appears the frame was nicely rust pitted and then shot with a matt silver paint. I'm surprised it left the serial number very legible.

Clean build.
View attachment 769500
Thank you. Haha, the frame was actually smooth as silk. That’s just a mild texture powdercoat. It is kinda coarse to the touch, but to me it looks amazing. It’s what I was going for. I love it. Thank you again.

Last edited:
Very nice Danny! Those tires look great, I may have to try some too.

Do you like the cambium seat? I have one but haven't ridden it much yet.

Very nice Danny! Those tires look great, I may have to try some too.

Do you like the cambium seat? I have one but haven't ridden it much yet.

Thank you! Tires are smooth and quiet, I absolutely love them. The seat seems pretty awesome right off the bat. I’m used to riding in s big fat mesinger cruiser seat, so this is all new to me. Happy so far tho!

As a suggestion : B66 Brooks saddle / Ashtabula stem / BMX scrambler bars / one piece crank / if you need gears 5 speed rear with a thumb shifter. My husband who worked at Schwinn (engineering) in the early 80's built up a a few of these while also working on the King Sting. I'll post pictures of the bikes when I get a chance...

That's very cool that your husband worked on the King Sting.

Back