When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest prewar ballooner bicycles

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I agree to a point, but their are very few 1938 Bluebirds known to exist. They may not be that desirable to most collectors but they are a rare bird, counting complete bikes, original or restored.View attachment 776052
I've never made it a secret I'm not a fan of this model but this bike Kim is the sweetest '38 I've ever seen. You are correct about rare as well. The '35-7 are downright common compared to the '38. V/r Shawn

then there is the 41 iver Johnson super mobike haven't seen many of these.

20180325_054002.jpg

20170408_184439 (1).jpg

The rarest prewar ballooner bicycle has got to be the one that nobody's ever seen.
My candidate is the 1938 Firestone Fleetwood Supreme with the "Safety Streamlined Frame."
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Here is a bike that was fully catalogued with specific features that were called out in the advertisement.
The "Safety Streamlined Frame, Ridge Crown Gothic fenders with your own Initials."
But, as far as I know, no original examples of this type of Firestone Fleetwood have ever been found.
Some say, this model was never produced, but my thoughts are, why be so specific in detailing the advertisement, if you never intended to sell that particular bike?

Last edited:
Yeah, but at least their is one real bona fide example to be seen.
Where is that 38 Fleetwood Supreme with the "Safety Streamlined" frame?
Does it even exist?
Why the specific advertisment, if it never even existed?
It obviously was made up of the leftovers from the 37 Super Streamline model, so you would think there'd be a ton of them.
Never seen it.

Back