When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G519 Tribute Build

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Does anyone have any info on what the G519 Columbia fork looks like? I have been scouring the inter webs but have come up short on details. Any markings? Is it rolled on the inside? Trying to get enough background so when I find one I will know. For for now. I will run this incorrect fork.

Does anyone have any info on what the G519 Columbia fork looks like? I have been scouring the inter webs but have come up short on details. Any markings? Is it rolled on the inside? Trying to get enough background so when I find one I will know. For for now. I will run this incorrect fork.

Here are some pics of an original g519 fork. If ya need anything else let me know.
d0b42a40b62da31125c86666f68bb7c4.jpg

5a411bf1fdc9dac4b47e388363683b54.jpg

8d1ec961d1b9c374f399256351ae2f9f.jpg

eb3d26e539869f09e67ba283a2446e73.jpg

afda2f314188869a4313eeace6be9bc8.jpg

a996d7477f50086cb0463f942e727fe4.jpg

ca00f020089561db17992177dd56b763.jpg

54a033bfdda12a47e0dfd05df003062d.jpg

Hope this will help.
Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at this fork. Add states for states for Schwinn but profile looks like what’s was posted above. States for 26” prewar rollfast or Schwinn. Might be a better fork to use than the current fork I have.
AC85C123-6015-475E-86A2-2B3E5AC0D081.png

For your paint I use the Army Jeep Parts WW2 319 paint which is the same color I use on my 1942 GPW jeep. I have an original GI painted bike from WW2 and the colors match perfectly. The AJP WW3 319 paint is a little green out of the spray can but turns a more Yellow/brown Olive Drab as it ages. For your fenders you need flat braces along with the front Duck tail fender. The fender has a flip up on the rear part of the front fender and not the point that yours has. This bike is a 1942 civilian tribute bike I built out for my best friend. Notice the duck tail back of the front fender.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
e928b005ad35fe6e3b2130f10cd03122.jpg

Last edited:
don't use vinyl on your seat , just find as thin a piece of brown leather as you can , you dont need much I bought mine at a leather craft shop from the remnants table for 6 bucks and was enough for 2 seats, also I have both chain rings if you need one the sweet heart is different from the Schwinn version , also look into a bendix front hub in place of the Morrow eclipse they are very spendy, I might also have your front fork, will you be at the Petaluma MVPA show end of the month? I can bring you some parts, I will have some bikes there.

Last edited:
John Danger, I defiantly would be interested in a coffin chainring for my build. And thank you for your advice. I do know my fenders are too pointy. I plan on cutting them down. I would love to go to Petaluma but sadly that is the week I will be helping my elderly parents move. So I cant make it. Next year.... I may have some friends that will be there hunt down your bikes and take pictures for me. I miss Tower Park. As for the Bendix. That hub I had zeroed in on and will start searching for. I just missed one on eBay last week. But I spent all my fun money on the NOS rims. I did purchase the fork that was pictured above. There is a Tandy leather not to far from my work here in Sacramento. I will stop in and see if I can get a scrap. I was planning on using carpet pad and burlap under the leather.

Bozeman, your build looks pretty good. I did know about the duck tail. I just dont know how to duplicate that, except to keep looking for a fender that will work. Currently I am trying to bend the flat braces for the fenders. They are very heavy duty and hard to shape. I made a template out of a 2x4 and I cant get then to shape. I think I am going to have to heat red hot. Then shape it.

Question for you all. That have an original front fender. Would anyone be willing to take a crayon rubbing for me on a piece of paper. This way I can see the curve the ridge and the edge of the fender metal. If you draw a line with ticks at 1” I can print this picture into cad, make sure it is scale and then make a cutting template. I am so close to having this first phase of the bike wrapped up for the airshow. Then I will continue to work on it to polish the details.

Thank you all so much for the input.

Back