When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie with Monark Frame with Tank

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

West is the Best

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hi all,

Newbie here, I just picked up this interesting frame. It reads Monark on the seat tube; looks painted not a decal or sticker. No head badge or holes to mount a plate. S/N 3H146960 on drop out. "Roadster" graphic looks stencil painted. Both upper and lower rear frame rails are separate pieces. Rear facing drop outs with adjuster mounts.
Roadster Frame 3.JPG
Roaster_3.JPG
Roadster_4.JPG
Roadster_1.JPG
Monark_Seat Tube.jpg

Any thoughts on what time frame this bike was made?

Thanks, this seems like a very good place for old bike information.

Welcome to the CABE!

I think your serial number actually starts with 8H not 3H. Your frame is unusual and different from the Monark frames you normally see. Your frame is from 1958 after Monark was acquired by Huffy. That's why the front half looks like the typical Monark and the rear looks like the typical Huffy with the rear facing dropouts. An unusual transition frame.

Welcome to the CABE!

I think your serial number actually starts with 8H not 3H. Your frame is unusual and different from the Monark frames you normally see. Your frame is from 1958 after Monark was acquired by Huffy. That's why the front half looks like the typical Monark and the rear looks like the typical Huffy with the rear facing dropouts. An unusual transition frame.

Thanks very much for the information! Yes you are right about the "8". After doing some research, I started to think it was a transition year frame.

Nice meeting you all!

Back