When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pictures wanted: 1933 Colson tandem

-
A couple pictures would be awesome whenever you get the chance! I don't think there's any original paint underneath mine either. All the actual bikes I've seen seem to have different seats from the next one. I'm pretty sure the original fenders were all rain gutters on these early birds? There are a few good pictures from google searches. The best ones point to old threads on here.

I also found a descriptive ad that says they came in black and white or maroon and white with gold pinstriping. There's one old thread that has an excellent B&W example with the gold pins still present.
Hopping on thread but I have same bike and I need the rear steering to front gear lip chains and rods. Everything else is good to go. Thanks in advance. [email protected]

Hi I'm The new owner of the Colson... Did you Find anything out on the Date Code.. Or have any Contacts for parts that would go on this Thank you

Hi I'm The new owner of the Colson... Did you Find anything out on the Date Code.. Or have any Contacts for parts that would go on this Thank you

You bought Brian's bike? That is a really nice one. I looked at it in his shop years ago.

What kind of parts do you need? It looks complete and fairly correct in the pictures.

The Front Crank arm is the wrong one and is welded on, It will have to be cut off to be freed and lubed . I was putting some pedals on yesterday and found that the rear Crank treads are stripped out.. Missing parts are Steering Rods and Linkage. Drop Stand , Head Badge. Grips, Correct Pedals, I had a Front Rim & fender, Two seats and white Walls tires that are on it now but looking For the correct ones,. I'm going to Get it rolling with what parts i have for now So we can ride it . So for right now i need Cranks Steering Rods .. Thank You
003.JPG
Thank You

Last edited:
Oh, you have mine.. not sure why that didn't click with me. I never found out any specifics from the serial, but these were made in this fashion from '33-36 or so. My plan was always to fashion my own front linkage. I got one decent picture showing what the threaded link ends should look like and the rest would be easy with a few pieces of rod and chain. I have a few other photos of a nice original bike for parts reference as well as a catalog page that I can email if you would like.

colson tandem rear steer mechanism lower sprocket.jpg

Oh, you have mine.. not sure why that didn't click with me. I never found out any specifics from the serial, but these were made in this fashion from '33-36 or so. My plan was always to fashion my own front linkage. I got one decent picture showing what the threaded link ends should look like and the rest would be easy with a few pieces of rod and chain. I have a few other photos of a nice original bike for parts reference as well as a catalog page that I can email if you would like.

View attachment 788009
I measured the rod on someone else bike and it is 3/16 but the problem i'm having is finding a left handed Tap & Die for a 3/16 Rod

Back