When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Iver Johnson badge question

-

Joe AZ

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I submitted a photo of a bicycle for identification a couple of weeks ago, and the consensus was Iver Johnson. It was re-badged Island Cycle - Minneapolis, but the three, triangular patterned holes remain. Before investing time and money in finding an Iver Johnson badge, i’d Like to know if someone would be kind enough to measure the holes in an Iver badge and compare to my measurements below?

Thanks....Joe

63FA446A-3968-41BF-A119-48C4040CE0EE.jpeg
C7F88EC1-DA84-4375-AFED-D76E4119ABC6.jpeg

There is not....this bike is a “bitsa”, but judging by the frame, serial number location (side of seatpost tube -right side), and chain ring, members seemed confident of Iver Johnson, circa 1915.

Bumping this back up....is there anyone who could compare my measurements to an Iver Johnson badge?
Thanks

Bumping this back up....is there anyone who could compare my measurements to an Iver Johnson badge?
Thanks

Hi Joe AZ,
I compared your measurements to an Iver Johnson badge and they are right on..................that is the correct hole spacing for an IJ badge. Pete in Fitchburg

Thanks Handyman, much appreciated! Judging by the badge hole location shape, I figured it had to be, but needed confirmation before I put an ad in the “wanted” section!
Joe

Back