When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Serial Number Reference

-
Thank you for the info, yes the lett is B but the last two numbers looks like it only was partly stamped this is what it looks like B852oo (and uneven jagared) right on the radius of the crank it could have been drowned in Panit ? I will sand it down and see what I find. Yes it looks repainted so I am going to get it Restored if it’s worth it please look at this photo and thank you for your information

View attachment 720764
Take a
0D8413F5-FD84-4F39-A6AA-186135BDF6D5.jpeg

560DA1BD-9C5E-4F91-969B-760B19FD1EE1.jpeg

Thank you for the info, yes the lett is B but the last two numbers looks like it only was partly stamped this is what it looks like B852oo (and uneven jagared) right on the radius of the crank it could have been drowned in Panit ? I will sand it down and see what I find. Yes it looks repainted so I am going to get it Restored if it’s worth it please look at this photo and thank you for your information
]

Oh, then the last 2 are a 5 and a 0: B85250

{edit}
That serial number is repeated in 52 and 1957 but, by then it would be on the drop out so;

1952; 04/04 to 04/30 ------- B78698 ------------------ E99356

It might be a 1947
which, there's no day list just year. Yet I think that badge would be right for this time.

Incidentally, your other photo was so bright it looked white under the paint but, gray primer is possible in this period too. With all that grease and grim inside of the numbers it is possible it's not repainted. You should began you own thread in the post war or heavyweight Schwinn section for further answers.

Last edited:
Oh, then the last 2 are a 5 and a 0: B85250

{edit}
That serial number is repeated in 52 and 1957 but, by then it would be on the drop out so;

1952; 04/04 to 04/30 ------- B78698 ------------------ E99356

It might be a 1947
which, there's no day list just year. Yet I think that badge would be right for this time.

Incidentally, your other photo was so bright it looked white under the paint but, gray primer is possible in this period too. With all that grease and grim inside of the numbers it is possible it's not repainted. You should began you own thread in the post war or heavyweight Schwinn section for further answers.
Great thank you very much you been very helpful

Not sure what this frame is,

1589b16cdaef71b0ce6fab2727cf1d8c.jpg

I’m thinking multi speed Speedster, because the curved top tube and the cable guides, but....
For staters the serial # is: FJ565272
That makes it June of 73, right?
Can anyone decode the rest?

fd0ee265b478fc23b17d2c589d7522b6.jpg

Thing is, the 73 catalog shows Speedsters as diamond frames.
Based on measurements, I’m pretty sure it’s a 26” bike, seat tube length from center of BB shell is 18”
a119a9347b382fa1ffadba634d7439ac.jpg

Length of chainstays from center of BB to the center of the dropouts are ~18.5”
7a01d2a90556c7080a60c3a9d8458650.jpg

Original color appears to be Sky Blue

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what this frame is,
I’m thinking multi speed Speedster, because the curved top tube and the cable guides, but....
For staters the serial # is: FJ565272
That makes it June of 73, right?
Can anyone decode the rest?
Thing is, the 73 catalog shows Speedsters as diamond frames.
Based on measurements, I’m pretty sure it’s a 26” bike, seat tube length from center of BB shell is 18”
Length of chainstays from center of BB to the center of the dropouts are ~18.5
Original color appears to be Sky Blue

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Rob

It's for sure not a Speedster. My best guess with those cable guides is a 1973 small 17" frame Collegiate. Sky Blue was not offered so it may have been painted a few times.

SCHWINN WORLD CATALOG.png
Has anyone ever seen an original or copy of a Arnold Schwinn World catalog from 1900-1915? Have seen 1897-1898-1899 catalogs. Seem to be few and far between. Thanks Dave

I recently picked up a Chicago Schwinn 10 speed bike (says World on it), trying to identify the year of it. Found a serial number on the left rear, I have not located a matching serial number from the information out there. Anyone able to help? thank you.

IMG_2323.JPG

I recently picked up a Chicago Schwinn 10 speed bike (says World on it), trying to identify the year of it. Found a serial number on the left rear, I have not located a matching serial number from the information out there. Anyone able to help? thank you.

View attachment 801251

That's not a Chicago Schwinn. Japan or other import maybe by Giant. If it is a Schwinn, the build date should be stamped on the head badge.
See if this site's info helps. http://re-cycle.com/History/Schwinn/SwnB_Serial.aspx

Back