When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

E5CE7E6D-E52C-4A6B-9DA3-0997CB72F8F8.jpeg

8ACFEEBF-681C-488C-B2B7-CDD1B1E72EA9.jpeg

Thanks BG/RJW! It is a cool bike for sure.. I got it back out today for 45 more miles on some fat, H.pressure 26" skin-wall slicks, and it was riding pretty fast.

I think the bike is a 26" frame and not a 28" though. I have and am working on rebuilding what I believe to be the original 26" ballooner ND/Colson wheels that I found on the bike...Also have the moto-rack and stand to boot.. Really looking forward to finishing, but in the meantime, I will run this fast wheelset for a bit..skpc
View attachment 805836

View attachment 805857

View attachment 805837

View attachment 805838
Looks like a great, fun riding machine!

Went out on the '99 Rochester at 7am this morning. Nice sunshine after rain overnight.....
WP_20180513_07_30_38_Pro (2).jpg

Did around 16 miles along minor roads, past some of the usual landmarks......
WP_20180513_07_59_21_Pro (3).jpg

It's so very green over here at the moment.....
WP_20180513_08_27_32_Pro.jpg

There was a 'sportive' ride taking in some of the roads I was riding, my mischievous side took hold and I embarked on a 'MAMIL' hunt. Carbon Fibre riders can find it disconcerting when a guy catches them up on a 119 year old machine then makes the pace.
Mind you I was surprised at just how fast you can go on a fixed 90.97 inch gear......
WP_20180513_07_30_49_Pro (4).jpg

Stopped at the local vintage vehicle show on the way back, just as the bicycle sale guys were unloading this totally original '63 Moulton.....
WP_20180513_15_43_43_Pro.jpg

Purchased it at 8.30am, rode it home at 5pm.

Last edited:
Looks like a great, fun riding machine!
Yes, it is quite the machine for sure. As you know DNC1, we humans can adapt to most any cycle after a few miles on them, particularly when we fancy riding alot. I see you also have many that you enjoy yourself. This old Colson with the 22" wide long-pull moto bars is tight in the cockpit for a taller rider like myself. I like the hand positions the bars offer, but I have to stop pedaling to shift as there isn't a lot of room to reach down to the clanky Hercumatic shifter on the frame bar with my left hand while spinning. I have had it out now twice, and am quite smitten actually. It begs to go fast and has surprised me running the modern & lightweight 3-spd wheels. I am thinking maybe another long one tomorrow on it....skpc.
IMG_8984.JPG

Today I got out for a 33 miler on the late 20's Hawthorne Flyer motobike. No mechanical issues today. Nice riding weather with light winds and perfect 70's temps.
IMG_9053.JPG

\
IMG_9055.JPG

Last edited:
Back