When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shelby pedal removal

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Are these the "slots" you are talking about?
IMG_2266.JPG

When you are removing pedals, leave the rear wheel and chain on because the coaster brake prevents the crank from turning while you are applying pressure to the pedal wrench---- this goes for both the right and left pedal and eliminates any guessing about which way to turn the pedals to loosen them.

Always wondered what purpose they serve. Like @rustjunkie said, they're not deep enough to apply any real torque.

They are there to help install... so yer not screwing with a wrench the whole time until you need to put that final torque on em.. less chance of the wrench hitting paint ect... oil em up, get them started and then use the screwdriver to screw them in.. finish tightening with wrench.. there is a purpose for them ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Less chance of messing threads up that way too... if it’s not going in right, the slot is shallow enough that yer screwdriver will pop out... kinda a safety thing of sorts..

They are there to help install... so yer not screwing with a wrench the whole time until you need to put that final torque on em.. less chance of the wrench hitting paint ect... oil em up, get them started and then use the screwdriver to screw them in.. finish tightening with wrench.. there is a purpose for them ..

Less chance of messing threads up that way too... if it’s not going in right, the slot is shallow enough that yer screwdriver will pop out... kinda a safety thing of sorts..

o_O

Maybe for an Impact Driver in an emergency? (stripped wrench flats) They do remove stubborn threaded shafts...

Last edited:
Back