When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1899 Iver Johnson Men’s and Ladies Tool Bags

-

Handyman

I live for the CABE
I was recently lucky enough to acquire a Men’s and Ladies pair of 1899 Iver Johnson Roadsters. These bikes were sitting untouched in the attic of a home on Davis Island, Maine for decades and are virtually untouched originals. I will be posting more info, pics, and the story behind these two bikes shortly. However, what I thought some Cabers might be interested in are the Men’s and Ladies tool bags that I’m fairly confident are original to the bikes. I’m not sure the contents of each bag are complete or correct, but it’s an interesting look back in time to see just what may have been there. Pete in Fitchburg

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg

I was asked about the strings holding the Men's toolbox to the top tube. I put those on the toolbox only to take the pic. One strap was missing and one was in the toolbox (see pics above). Anyone have ideas where I can get a few of these small leather straps? Pete in Fitchburg

Old hand bags, old belts cut to shape (the kind made of real leather, not that top grain glued layers of trash), leather strips. You'd have to sew a buckle on most of those if you want it to look the same, but that's a small job.

Back