When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just Bought a 1981 Lotus Eclair...

-

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Well, this bike has to be one of the cleanest I've ever bought on Craigslist. The person I bought it from got it an an estate sale, and he said that this was pretty much the condition it was in. All he did, he said, was wipe it down! Lucky me it was my size frame.

I took my usual quick photos just as a record as I do when I bring a bike home. Tomorrow I'll do my usual polishing and waxing, and if it doesn't rain, a quick ride.

Let me know what you guys think! So far I'm thrilled...

IMG_3178.JPG
IMG_3179.JPG
IMG_3181.JPG
IMG_3182.JPG
IMG_3184.JPG
IMG_3192.JPG
IMG_3205.JPG
IMG_3207.JPG

Very nice photoset.
you need to spend some time on this website - http://www.vintagelotusbicycles.com/
and maybe this one - http://bikeretrogrouch.blogspot.com/2014/01/classic-tubes-tange-and-ishiwata.html

Shimano 600 is a sweetheart, especially the FD - my favorite FD of all time.
they designed lift into the cage, which makes them work extremely well with a cyclotouriste triple
The long cage RD you have there is also fairly rare and desirable - every bit as good as a Campy Rally.
In the Shimano line-up, 600 became Ultegra.

tfRIZAU.jpg

Last edited:
I actually have a new Shimano 600 Arabesque FD still in the box I bought years ago, along with new 600 brake levers and hoods. Hmmm...time to go through my "new" parts container that I haven't been in in a while.:eek:

Oh, I took the bike for a spin just up and down the block to see how it felt. Besides needing to raise the saddle, it felt very smooth! And to think I hesitated on buying it. o_O

@bulldog1935 thanks for the links!

Last edited:
Am I one of the only ones who shoots his bikes NOT in front of a white garage door? Of course I have one, but I like a bit of "texture" in my photos. Art Director in me, I guess...:cool: I know @bulldog1935 doesn't either.

Am I one of the only ones who shoots his bikes NOT in front of a white garage door? Of course I have one, but I like a bit of "texture" in my photos. Art Director in me, I guess...:cool: I know @bulldog1935 doesn't either.
nope.

GT 1.jpg

DSCF2331.JPG

Yeah that original issue Shimano 600 arabesque- NICE! I remember when it first came out

I just noticed something missing from the bike...water bottle mounts!!! What the heck were they thinking back then?? I'm not attaching an after-market cage on this beautiful paint (even if I put something under it), so this bike will be relegated to shorter rides. :mad:

Back