When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm not in favor of rat bikes!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
We’re allowed our own interpretation of a rat bike..?..I thought it could only be one way..

The thing is that mazdaflyer has actually influenced more than one bike around HERE, they inspired my Rollfast Rosa, and are an innovative designer. Oldfart36 is another influence to me, there are quite a few of you I look to for some cues.

Your idea of RAT is someone else's teacher.

The thing is that mazdaflyer has actually influenced more than one bike around HERE, they inspired my Rollfast Rosa, and are an innovative designer. Oldfart36 is another influence to me, there are quite a few of you I look to for some cues.

Your idea of RAT is someone else's teacher.
I appreciate the props...here’s another one.
293cf0d01a69fbe40287f08e68be53fa.jpg
The frame came from Oldfart.

I was checking out the Harley Davidson forum where they are having the same discussion about ratbikes...they claim you cannot build a rat bike...they ‘evolve’ over time..

These rats are evolving in my basement:
IMG_2349.JPG
IMG_2350.JPG
IMG_2351.JPG
IMG_2176 (1).JPG
IMG_2352.JPG
Both of the below bikes will be something? They sure won't be anything close to original. They are on the stand right now, I just need the time to get to them.
IMG_2354.JPG
IMG_2355.JPG
This green Ranger sports Hawthorne graphics and will have a bobbed rear fender.
The Colson below started off when I seen a pair of badly dented green fenders at a swap. I knew right then and there, before I had even purchased them , that I was going to build a custom around those original green fenders.
002.JPG

A house was being re-piped and had a pile of galvanized pipe out on the curb. I seen an old valve wheel on a water valve and said to myself,"Gee that would make a swell base for a reflector for the green bike, so I took it and now it's on the back of bike.
001.JPG

Dig that "Jiffy" motor-bike kickstand!

I was at a flea market and seen this hood ornament.....knew where I would put it before I bought it.
003.JPG

Folks can argue until the sun comes up tomorrow, but I don't care, to me it's all about having fun.....and it's good fun.

IMG_2104.JPG

IMG_2107.JPG

if you want to have some fun, sign up for the Jalopy Journal "traditional Hot Rod" site, name yourself Rat Rod Joe or some other rat rod name and start a post about your cool rat rod just like all the other ones you see on the Jalopy Journal. saying RAT ROD on the jalopy Journal is the equivalent of someone calling your mom the C word. they can't seem to define it, but will flip out when you say it..

I used to be a regular over there. now I am irregular over here.

if you want to have some fun, sign up for the Jalopy Journal "traditional Hot Rod" site, name yourself Rat Rod Joe or some other rat rod name and start a post about your cool rat rod just like all the other ones you see on the Jalopy Journal. saying RAT ROD on the jalopy Journal is the equivalent of someone calling your mom the C word. they can't seem to define it, but will flip out when you say it..

When did the "R" word become so offensive?

BTW...I have a a question , just curious. Is this the longest running thread on the CABE ? Today marks 6 years, 8 monthes and 18 days ( 2452 total days )

Last edited:
Back