When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Phantom Mutation

-
I thought I would share whats gone on since my last blog, at this time this is whats happened to my project, the jc higgins rear rack I sent to the fabricator was turned into a pancake by a hydraulic press by an employee that set it down on a platform where they press aluminum sheets into custom shapes for large fuel tanks, luckily the reflectors were not fitted into the rack at the time but they were nice enough to return the item to me in a walmart shopping bag, we exchanged a few more personal thoughts on the accident, idiot. surprised I wasnt charged 50 cents for the bag, chroming on the chain guard came out beautifully but the dents were left in and I was told that there guy that did metal work as such before the chroming was arrested for possession of a controlled substance, Really I said and you chromed it anyway, can I talk to your manager this was not our arrangement, sorry you can't he was the one arrested, so now it will have to be made right and rechromed else where, bike shop lacing my front hoop with a schwinn expansion drum brake lost my clevis and can't find it, oh did I forgot to mention that the hoop that was used was not mine! I have original S2 chromed and I dont have a clue what or where he found that swapmeet special but it wasn't what I brought in, I left there with my rim that was in the corner and drum brake, idiot. at this time I would like to thank those members who have added to my compulsive buying of bicycle parts which has really turned my project around and up grading it into one that I might of not been able to do without there late night positings of sale items, lol but I really mean it, Im hooked on reading and seeing posted photos of bicycles and parts before and after as well as barn finds and stuff I never had a clue existed, well I see that it's after midnight and I haven't checked for new listings yet so until then...............

Man that sucks, sorry to hear!
I had several experiences like that years ago with car parts, that's what inspired me to do as much as I can on my own projects, even if it does take 10X longer.
In the end, you have more pride with the end result.

I'm sorry to hear of your run of bad luck. I'm with the others though I'd have been at the point of rat choking the crap out of someone. I've been labeled as a 'purist' by some here but the fact is I appreciate just about anything nice or well done whether it be a road bike, custom, rat, or whatever. This is a rat Phantom that I put together about six years ago from parts I had laying around based on a '50 Phantom carcass I had. Originally I was going to restore the bike but I have five original Phantoms (three boys, two girls) so I decided just to enjoy this bike the way it is. I sure hope things turn around for you and look forward to seeing the finished bike. V/r Shawn

DSC_0370 - Copy.JPG
DSC_0374 - Copy.JPG
DSC_0380 - Copy.JPG

Back