When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Columbia Jet Spaceship

-

MFoltz

On Training Wheels
Good afternoon everyone. Came across a bike in a barn that is a Columbia for sure, just trying to find what model and potential year......Did not get the serial number to lock down the exact year.

Thanks for the information.

Matthew

s-l500.jpg

I have been checking the Columbia vintage website for information, and I am still looking. Any other resources to check? I am a Schwinn guy, not so much Columbia.

Look under the bottom bracket (under pedals) or on the rear drop out for S/N. Columbia S/N's are an easy browse on the net, this one looks 60's

The serial should be on the left rear drop out. Looking mid 60s to me. V/r Shawn

My guess is it's a cheaper model/replacement for the Firebolt, which looked very similar, but had top tubes that continued to the seat stays and an integrated rack. I believe there were several kinds of 'Bolts, and I don't know what's what and if differences are model years or marketing hierarchy, just that I have a '61 Firebolt and it's as described above.

My guess is it's a cheaper model/replacement for the Firebolt, which looked very similar, but had top tubes that continued to the seat stays and an integrated rack. I believe there were several kinds of 'Bolts, and I don't know what's what and if differences are model years or marketing hierarchy, just that I have a '61 Firebolt and it's as described above.
Thank you for the information. I just could not find the model information.

The ads I found showing this model only refer to them as a "Special". V/r Shawn

Here it is, missing the lights for the tank, though it may have never had them, I don't know much about it.

26167507_10155421112078191_7859287259530336188_n.jpg

I have the same one with a different rack. It was in a multi bike deal always figured it was mid 60’s. Did not do much research on it.
cd924c9b7bde36c4bde419336a34790a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back